Antibiotic Crackdown
The government is proposing the ban of over-the-counter antibiotics. I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I'm personally opposed. There are many good antibiotics that are Rx that I get through my vet, but others such as LA-200, penicillin, and kid-saving Specto-guard are currently OTC, making them cheaper and easier to access in emergencies. For small rural farmers, access to certain antibiotics without needing to first schedule a vet call can mean the difference between life and death. While it is important to prevent the misuse and overuse of antibiotics, I believe that is more of a problem with large industrial farms. Blanket laws like this only hurt small livestock producers who can't afford to have veterinary oversight for every little problem that comes along, and who are sometimes more knowledgeable than their vets when it comes to caring for their animals. 

The comment period for this issue runs until December 24th.    

https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=FDA-2019-D-3614
I just commented on this.  We need access to OTC antibiotics.  I used what Nan stated above as my comment.

I am against this!  For small rural farmers, access to certain antibiotics without needing to first schedule a vet call can mean the difference between life and death. While it is important to prevent the misuse and overuse of antibiotics, I believe that is more of a problem with large industrial farms. Blanket laws like this only hurt small livestock producers who can't afford to have veterinary oversight for every little problem that comes along, and who are sometimes more knowledgeable than their vets when it comes to caring for their animals
Goatberries Happen!
Thanks, Nan. Yes, I will be sure to comment. Real problem for us as only reliable vet for.goats is 80 miles.or.better one.way for us. We have already been affected by many such rule.changes.