Sadly selling entire string
Photo 
My son who is my hiking partner and hunting partner was paralyzed in a car wreck and so I am sadly selling the entire string.  We have gradually been acquiring in breeding goats for the past five years. Happily hiking camping and hunting. We usually spend 20 to 25 days in the back country hiking and camping with the goats each year.   I work with one of the goats to pull a modified wheelchair. He was able to pull it well on relatively flat ground but fatigue quickly anytime we Gain elevation.

I have began to train a llama to pull the same chair and he seems to  have the endurance that I’m going to need.

I’ve also purchased a mule, but  it remains to be seen if Dan will be able to balance on that with his paralysis.

I would love to see the goats saddles and all the equipment go to someone who could use it.

The goats are lamancha and kiko.

Last year I took eight Goats alone 12 miles in to the Weminuche wilderness area  for muzzleloader season.  The hunt was not successful but it was a wonderful hike and camp.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope you find a wonderful home for your goats and a good backcountry solution for your son.

Where are you located?
(05-13-2019, 11:03 PM)I’m very interested in your string. Can you please call me ASAP. 208 867 6675 Boyle.joe Wrote: My son who is my hiking partner and hunting partner was paralyzed in a car wreck and so I am sadly selling the entire string.  We have gradually been acquiring in breeding goats for the past five years. Happily hiking camping and hunting. We usually spend 20 to 25 days in the back country hiking and camping with the goats each year.   I work with one of the goats to pull a modified wheelchair. He was able to pull it well on relatively flat ground but fatigue quickly anytime we Gain elevation.

I have began to train a llama to pull the same chair and he seems to  have the endurance that I’m going to need.

I’ve also purchased a mule, but  it remains to be seen if Dan will be able to balance on that with his paralysis.

I would love to see the goats saddles and all the equipment go to someone who could use it.

The goats are lamancha and kiko.

Last year I took eight Goats alone 12 miles in to the Weminuche wilderness area  for muzzleloader season.  The hunt was not successful but it was a wonderful hike and camp.
If you’re still looking for a home. If Marc isn’t interested give me a call 503-516-3911. I most likely could take everything from ya iff still available.
I sent you a pm also I am interested. You will have no problem finding a good home for your goats.
I think its awesome you are not letting a challenge keep your boy out of the back country. Have you thought about a donkey they are not fast but super strong. I used them to train show cattle and a little donkey could pull a 2 year old show bull no problem. I think they would be less excitable than a dirty llama too. Smile
307.752.onefivesixeight.
(05-14-2019, 12:10 PM)BigHorn307 Wrote: I sent you a pm also I am interested.  You will have no problem finding a good home for your goats.  
I think its awesome you are not letting a challenge keep your boy out of the back country.  Have you thought about a donkey they are not fast but super strong.  I used them to train show cattle and a little donkey could pull a 2 year old show bull no problem.  I think they would be less excitable than a dirty llama too.  Smile
307.752.onefivesixeight.
IoIt’s great to get on the site where people recognize the value of these animals. It looks like I’ve matched all but one of the goats to proper homes. The one I have left we Call ears.  She is a La Mancha Alpine cross. She is extremely small. She fits in a large dog carrier. She is excellent on the trail and can carry a little more than a third of her weight, but she only weighs about 85 pounds. I haven’t measured her and I’m not home this week or I would tell you exactly her height.  she is a La Mancha alpine cross. She is extremely small. She fits in a large dog carrier. She’s worn out Several of our panniers because we hike in rough rocky terrain and she tends to drag them. She would be perfect for someone who does not travel with a pick up a trailer because you could put her in a dog carrier in the back of an SUV easily.

Thank you all for your supportive  words. We are getting back into the back country this summer.  My son is determined to continue to summit 14ers.   I am optimistic that the mule can provide transport for him for hunting, but it’s not safe to bring mules donkeys or horses to that elevation that’s why I initially tried Goats and I’m now trying a llamas
I would appreciate anyone’s input if they have ideas As to how to make this happen.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you still have your smaller  doe goat for sale?  Would be perfect, as all I do short local hikes and need only carry a small type pack (maybe 5 to 10 pounds) if any.  How old is she and horned or hornless? Price?  Where located?  Thank Jp