Tpwd don't have a clue
I need some help.we are trying to get an event going here in texas.we have contacted the powers that control our parks and blm land.we can take dogs,horses,lamas(aka service animals) no goats.there is something very wrong with this. We need some very serious help on this 1asap 
Robert and Connie losee
(09-19-2018, 07:22 AM)N5TIE Wrote: I need some help.we are trying to get an event going here in texas.we have contacted the powers that control our parks and blm land.we can take dogs,horses,lamas(aka service animals) no goats.there is something very wrong with this. We need some very serious help on this 1asap 
Robert and Connie losee

Connie, a little more info would be helpful. Who were the people you contacted? What were their positions with the agencies? Were they state, federal? What was the reason you were given?
Well,we talked to the Texas parks and wildlife department,their response was the goats were to hard on the floria and the ecosystem
That just shows their ignorance--all the more reason to hold a Texas packgoat event! Goats are far more ecologically friendly than any type of equine. Now, if you released a whole herd of brush goats then I can understand their concern about the local flora, but a few packgoats hiking the trails are not going to tear down the forest!
You need to find the written rules that govern the piece of land you want to visit. There is a written land use document and you need to familiarize your self with it because you are dealing with uninformed people who need some education. Land use documents may look daunting but breeze through it get familiar with the format and dig for information on live stock, pets, and pack animals/ stock. If they have truly written no goats allowed then you may have an issue. If it is not in writing get a game plan. Keep us informed. I am sure we can help with ideas for game plan / conversation.