Wether Identification
So who got more green on them - you, Tracy and Mary or the boys - Bourbon, Hershey and Banjo?

The lighter one is Hershey. He is a powerhouse! I'm guessing he's going to give a lot of packgoats a run for the money in height and build! Big Grin

All the boys you helped Mary tattoo (their poor tails!) are LaMancha. I have Alpine but for some reason the LaMancha personality has really won me over.

(06-13-2014, 10:26 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: Your welcome Taffy Smile Always nice to get a visit. The boys look real nice but that lighter one is a power house! Cant wait to see him in a couple of years. Might even give Legion a run for his money Smile And of course as I have said before, the Lamancha / Alpine cross would be my top cross bred pick.
Goatberries Happen!
Yep, when goat to goat they are about the same as Alpines, but when its goat to person, they are just up in your face, smelling your breath and looking into your eyes Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I received the ADGA Certificate of Identification for Hershey, Bourbon and Banjo (who is still with his dam) and thought I'd attach a photo so you could see what they look like. They cover all pertinent information on age, color and tattoos.

Goatberries Happen!
I am at wits end with the state of Wyoming. I will be putting scrappie ear tags in my goats ears on Tuesday. The state will make no exceptions what a bummer. We will be archery elk hunting in the Big Horn Mountains east of Sheridan. Took me years to get drawn in this elk tag lottery. Montana excepted the micro chip but not Wyoming it is scrappie tag or nothing.
That is so sad and so wrong. What about putting the tags on their collars? If you put the tags in just for the hunt and take them out immediately after the hunt maybe the holes will close like pierced ears do sometimes.
Goatberries Happen!
Hey Nancy, Id call back a few times and get different people. I was talking to my vet when he came and did the health papers for the rendy trip about some of the states and what he has to go through. He says it really depends on who you talk to any given day. Might try to cycle through different people and see if you can get a more reasonable one.

And although each state is different if the scrapies program says its accepts tattoos or chips, the state has to follow suit. The scrapies is a FEDERAL program and each state has to conform to their rules and regulations.

That is so infuriating! I agree with Dave--if the Federal scrapies program accepts tattoos and chips, then I think the states should have to comply.

My friend raises LaManchas which of course have no ears to tag. She takes her goats to Wyoming at least once a year for goat shows, breedings, etc. and she has to have the scrapies tags, but I think she just puts them on the goats' collars since they can't be put in ears. If you like I can call her and see if she has any helpful suggestions.
I just spoke with my friend, Jordan, who takes goats to Wyoming all the time for shows. She affirmed that no dairy goats are ever tagged. Tattoos (and I think microchips) are all they require for scrapies identification. Are your goats' ears tattooed? Jordan gave me the contact info for a lady in Wyoming you could talk to about it. I'll send you her info in a PM. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. Sounds to me like you've been dealing with a knucklehead bureaucrat.
Great follow up Nanno Smile

(06-13-2014, 10:26 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: Your welcome Taffy Smile Always nice to get a visit. The boys look real nice but that lighter one is a power house! Cant wait to see him in a couple of years. Might even give Legion a run for his money Smile And of course as I have said before, the Lamancha / Alpine cross would be my top cross bred pick.

I use collar tags here my Wal Mart has a nice engraving machine were you enter the data you want on the tag and it is printed out as you watch. They have several types of dog tags (Aluminum) but the ones I use are Stainless Steel with a High Polish.
Then just use a key ring to attach to goats collar they flash in the woods ,and reflect in a flashlight beam. $6 each and you get them right now. 
Warning if you try to take flash pictures make sure the tag is on the dark side of the goat, it will reflect enough light to mess up the picture.
Happy Trails.
hihobaron