Pac-Man has passed on
Pac-Man was a very special goat. Nan & Phil Hassey raised him and Eldon Otta bought him from them a couple of years ago. We picked him up when we met up with them to hike the San Rafael Swell with Herb Flowers (Charliehorse) and Larry Robinson. Pac-Man was a great ambassador for goatpacking at functions he attended and we all enjoyed hiking with him. He is really going to be missed.

Here is Eldon's post from his Laz E Acre Facebook page:

"I lost a really good friend today. I can't believe he is gone. I know I shouldn't but I feel like I should have done more. Maybe spent more time with him. Maybe I should have done more of the things he liked to do. I did get some quality time with him a few hours before he passed. The way he looked at me as I brushed and petted him tonight should of told me this was going to be the end but I did not see it. I knew that we would work through this and in a few days he would be his old self again but I was wrong.

Spending time with PacMan was a way of escaping the rush and push of everyday living. When we went for walks I was always better because of it. Not just that I had exercised but somehow my soul felt better. There is no doubt that he improved my quality of living and help make me a better person. I am grateful of the time I had with him. Pacman, you will be deeply missed."

Goatberries Happen!
I am very sorry for your loss, best wishes.
This is very sad news. Pac-Man was in the prime of life (only 4 1/2 years old) and he was a sweet, loving boy. I know Eldon is heartbroken about this. He dearly loved that big, beautiful goat. Pac-Man lives on in my Sputnik, who got some extra pats from me today in memory of his wonderful papa. Here are some of my favorite photos from when we had Pac-Man. 

This is the first night we got him. He was nine months old and tiny. I was able to lift him into our truck to get him home that night! It was late December 2013 and we bought him as a breeding buck. I was afraid he might be too small, but I saw potential.      

Pac-Man grew very fast! Here he is a few months later, showing off his physique during a May snowstorm. My fears that he would be stunted were completely unwarranted! By the time he was 2 1/2 years old he was a good 200 lbs. and over 3 feet tall at the withers. But however big he got, he was always very gentle and sweet. He loved attention so we often referred to him as "The Sponge". We're very sad to hear of his passing.   

P.S. Taffy, I hope you don't mind that I moved your thread. Pac-Man definitely qualifies as a "G.O.A.T." - (Greatest Of All Time).
Ah that's really sad. What got him? I've lost a couple over the years and it really hits hard. I sure wasn't expecting to see this news today.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
So glad to have met him at the Rendy that was in Oregon in 2016. He was gentle and beautiful. Sorry you lost your friend.
RIP Pac-Man Sad
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
well rats, I really injoyed the pictures of him growing up on Nanno's website did anyone else notice the younger goat in the pictures that could have been Pac-Man junier
Happiness is a working goat