What did you do today?
I love all the hair! That last photo with Lisa and Hunter is really sweet. I'm glad she had a smooth passing.
Today I cut back one of my Knock-Out Roses.  Only 7 more to go!  I love them because they bloom all summer long with no trimming.  Here's a photo of them in bloom.

I had all kinds of trimmings for the goats to munch on.  But oh no, they're not good enough!  Bourbon had to eat the bush I just cut back!  He's such a pill!

Goatberries Happen!
Taffy, I feel your pain. No matter what elaborate barriers.we build around our newly planted trees either goats or our horses outwit us and get the trees.
The goats got 3 more loads of rose bush trimmings today. They devour them!  I end up with scratches from the thorns - how can they just munch away on these trimmings?!

Goatberries Happen!
Oh wow. My goats are so jealous!!
Rough week. Worked for years to improve.pasture.from erosion and not much vegetation. Work paid off but heavy rains made.a.good.thing too good. Pasture lush to a.fault. One horse, 24, got blessed. Able to discontinue his "fat pills" (Manna Pro Sr. Weight Builder) and drop 3 feedings a day back to his previous one before he started.losing weight. Meanwhile our "air fern" Moonshine, a beautiful and beautifully gaited.fox.trotter. was inflating like a Masey's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon. She foundered before a delayed grazing muzzle arrived. Just sick. So now I got another special needs.horse. This one, I have to board at.the vet every time we want to leave the farm for a few.days because the only way I can keep her off.pasture is on her stall or one hour only freedom in the grazing muzzle while I clean stall. Plus special very restricted.feed, hay, supplements etc.

What a pain! Who ever would have thought green pasture and abundant rain would be a curse in Texas!

Cannot get square bales locally for her stall. No one can bale all this lush hay because it won't stop raining long enough. We managed to buy 11 bales from Atwoods at.$11.50. Ouch!!!

Trip to Ft. Worth to Lance today to get repairs.for.truck camper.for upcoming trjps.to NM and.WY. Backlog on repairs. Can't do it till July. Argh! Well camper so far.still usable but hope cracks.and.chips in old.skylights don't.start letting in the elements or finally crumble altogether.

OK! I'm done griping for now! :-)
Sorry you're having such a rough time! I'm a little worried about founder myself with all the green we have here.
Yesterday I took my 3 year old granddaughter on her first goatpacking hike!  Oh the memories we'll make as she grows up!

Haven and Bourbon.

Granny, Haven and Bourbon.

Goatberries Happen!
Looks like Bourbon loves his little girl.
That is so CUTE! Bourbon is the best!

We were at State Fair this past weekend. We hosted the obstacle course and costume contest on Saturday and showed two of our does in the dairy show on Sunday and Monday. It was a really fun time at the fair this year! I'll have to post photos later this week.