Project Goat WA
Just wait till they're full-grown in a couple of years. You ain't seen nothin' yet! Tongue
... might have to buy myself some coveralls haha!
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
Ok, got some info on the boy. It took Tracy to jar my memory. When he was born, he got nicked named the coolaid man. Cause he came crashing outta his mama like, yep you guessed it. He was bottled raised and was super sweet. His mama went to a dairy in California. He was born in 2015 so he is about 2 1/2 years old now.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Hey Guy,
I am new to this sight and was surfing around and found this thread.  I bought that goat of CL.  His WARNING label was a bit over stated.  He is awesome.  I have two kids a 6 y/o daughter and 4 y/o son he has never made a move at them.  They are always in his pasture hang out.  He leads well and on hike I let him free roam, he never goes far at all.  He was a steal.  The lady selling him was very nice, but they had some past history before he was weathered that she cold not get past.  I am going to try and post some pics.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

More pic of my "KILLER" goat, Steve.

I have a pack from Bantam Packs comming, should be here in Dec some time.  I will post how that goes.  If it is like my experiance up till know I will go better than I could have ever hoped.
Thanks Dave for making a cool goat.

He's beautiful! I'm so glad "Steve" is working out for you! Sometimes a goat and a certain person can end up with too much "baggage" between them and they're just not going to get along without a lot of retraining for both parties. I'm so glad this goat found a good home where he's fitting in and getting along with his people. He's way too pretty to end up on someone's plate! He's going to look a lot different next summer when all that billy goat scruff is gone. It's really cute! He reminds me so much of a buckling we sold last year named Crockett who also had a lot of white and grew a similar topknot.
Dave,
 You said that he was born in 2015.  How big where is mom and dad.  He is currently about 150 pounds and 34 inchs tall at the top of the shoulder.  Thanks for any info you can provide.

(11-12-2017, 01:51 PM)Nanno Wrote: He's beautiful! I'm so glad "Steve" is working out for you! Sometimes a goat and a certain person can end up with too much "baggage" between them and they're just not going to get along without a lot of retraining for both parties. I'm so glad this goat found a good home where he's fitting in and getting along with his people. He's way too pretty to end up on someone's plate! He's going to look a lot different next summer when all that billy goat scruff is gone. It's really cute! He reminds me so much of a buckling we sold last year named Crockett who also had a lot of white and grew a similar topknot.

Nanno,
Thanks, he is cool.  When you say he will loose his "Bill goat scruff" what do you mean?
A lot of that long, thick hair on his back and around his neck and head will probably either disappear or become much thinner next year since he won't have the hormones. His beard will thin out too. I notice that his topknot is already substantially smaller than what I remember from the original photos on Craigslist. I'm under the impression that he was wethered in the last few months. If that's the case, then when he sheds his winter coat next spring there's a good chance he'll loose a lot of that thick hair and it won't come back so full again. My bucks all lost their martingales (the black stripe down the shoulder) a few months after they were wethered and it looks like Steve's is almost gone as well.
O'man thats a huge bummer!!!  My daughter will be heart broken.  That explain alot of why he look so unique when compared to all the other weather goats I have seen.  Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.