Early spring in Colorado
    Spent the weekend scouting for turkey and testing out how my friends and my goats get along.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What a beautiful view in that first photo! Where were you hiking?
We were on some BLM land Southwest of Canyon City and North of Westcliffe. Beautiful but too dry, I hope this weather front coming in tomorrow brings some moisture. This area is usually dry but this year it was scarey dry.
That view is looking east toward wetmore kinda.

We got a fly over from department of wildlife plane, they circled oved thrice very slow, I doubt they see two men walking six goats through this country very often.
Oh, that's right near where my parents live! They're on Route 1A between Cotopaxi and Hillside, so I'm somewhat familiar with that area. Very beautiful countryside! And yes, it is scary dry right now. I hear the snowpack up high is excellent this year, but down in the lowlands we're really suffering for water.
Lovely pics, but yes it does look dry - like the country where I live.
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
Well this area is high desert, but it is exceptionally dry this year. Already been fires and everyone is just praying for some snow. Most of Colorado is pretty arid, it cuts down on the bugs, growing up here I feel uncomfortable when I visit humid areas.

I would love to visit Australia, but I'm sure I'm over romanticizing it. As a kid we saw "The Man from Snowy River", "The Rescuers Down Under" and "Crocodile DunDee" too often and hollywood has a way of "exaggerating" things. New Zealand would also be an awesome place to visit. For now I'm happy to explore my home state with my goats. Colorado has a lot to offer people that love the outdoors.
Great pictures thanks for sharing, looks like a great time! Love the Western Hunter shirt- Ryan is a great friend of ours. I was curious Shawn if you have any tips, or advice on getting your goats use to the water- I see your goats love the water and that would be our goal too! We are new to this journey just got our first two whether babies last weekend been bottle feeding them twice a day! Waiting on three others to be born!
I wish I could tell you. That goat is is just crazy and only for that day. he jumped right in surprised us all. Most of the time they do everything to keep from getting wet. I haven't had a problem with my goats crossing streams yet. I just cross and expect them to find a way and they always do even if it means getting wet. My best advise is to hike with them often, expose them to what you want them to encounter, my goats all seem very intelligent and adaptable, even more so than the smartest dogs I've owned.
That's a nice area. My brother & sister-in-law live in just northeast of Hillside. Hopefully the rain we got the other night helped a little. Looks like a good potential for more rain in the forecast too.