2014 NAPgA Rendy
Copied from the Goat Spot -

We are having a NAPgA board meeting soon and I believe that is on the agenda to discuss.

My personal preference would be Northern Idaho this year, or Eastern Oregon. It seems from this forum that there are a lot of active goat owners in this geographical region and we would have a large attendance if held in this area.

Wherever it is held, it is a good idea to have several folks who have a little time, to step forward and volunteer their time and serve on a sub-committee in order to spread out the responsibilities necessary to hold a successful rendezvous. They take a lot of time and effort, but can be a lot of fun and very informative, but they are way too much for one person to do by themselves.

Rex and Terri held a very nice Rendy a few years ago and it was well organized. Carolyn Eddy and others did as well over at Govt Camp. I was in charge of one in the Winds a few years ago and I was not happy at all how it turned out due to my inexperience, and I learned a lot. Part of the problem was the massive amount of resistance we were receiving from the US Forest Service in that area. Charlie Goggin was involved with a high successful cleanup some years back of an abandoned pot farm. The local agencies were very appreciative. Semasko's put on a very enjoyable Rendy recently in Eastern WA, from what Larry R. told me.

Trail cleanup is a great service project for a Rendy. We can take photos and relay these to the local news media.

We also hold a silent auction where folks donate equipment to be auctioned off. It is intended to build the NAPgA bank account and we usually generate $1000 or more, to be used for legal fees which we are involved with presently.

So...any volunteers out there to help serve on a committee or sub-committee for the 2014 Rendy? Or do you know anyone that is willing to have the Rendy in their area? Foresty type areas are desirable, with running water and toilets. And located geographically where there are lots of excited goat folks.
vigilguy is online now Report Post
Id love to see it up in northern Idaho but a Eastern Oregon location would open it up to a few more southern people. But seeing how last years was so farm south, maybe this year up north and next year more central located would be good. Being a farmer and not terrible close to either location, wouldnt be able to volunteer, but I could put a prospect into the auction. Only have about 12-16 already spoken for so should have a good selection to pull from.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
My vote would be in Oregon or Washington or Northern Idaho.

Just because you are not geographically close doesn't exclude you from helping organize certain facets of the Rendy, such as silent Auction, promoting the event, permits, porta-potties, recruiting guest speakers, organizing fun games, etc.

It takes a lot of work to put these on, and many hands really do make light work in this case.
If I can help from here in anyway, count me in Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
More important than where is WHEN. Be nice to come to my first Rendy, but I'll need to plan. What is the cost to join the Asso.? Need a place without rattlesnakes. That's my only criteria. LOL.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
(12-10-2013, 05:41 PM)joecool911 Wrote: More important than where is WHEN. Be nice to come to my first Rendy, but I'll need to plan. What is the cost to join the Asso.? Need a place without rattlesnakes. That's my only criteria. LOL.

If you go to the www.napga.org site, it talks all about dues on the homepage. There are several different options for you.

(12-10-2013, 04:51 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: If I can help from here in anyway, count me in Smile

Thanks Dave - I really appreciate it when people are able to step up to the plate and volunteer to help. We will keep you posted.
Would anyone be interested in Central Oregon? We have mountain trails to the west, high desert to the east, lakes and trails everywhere. We have the new Badlands Wilderness just 10 miles east of Bend with trails, not sure about group camping. There is a wonderful area south of Bend in the Paulinas with trails to East and Paulina lakes along Paulina creek that has a group camp with enough room for lots of camps with animals allowed. There are many other areas with horse camps that take group reservations, including Quinn Meadows, Todd Lake, and others in the Sisters and Metolius area. The area north of Bend has some big camp areas on the grasslands, a juniper/sage area, at Gray Butte with a good 50 miles of trails, views of the Cascades and Three Sisters, and camping for animals. There is also some incredible large group camp areas that allow animals in the Ochocos with trails and lakes, flower filled meadows, and wild horses, antelope, elk and muleys (a few bear) in abundance.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Charlene - You should contact Larry Robinson at NAPgA about this. packgoats@wildwisp.com Sounds like a really nice area. We would also need to know of a few individuals that may have a little time they could spare that could help us get things organized.

Charlie Jennings
I'll get on that.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
If I knew when it was, I could probably help. I'm from Oregon.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.