Tracy to the rescue. With her trusty sidekick Dave
LOL yep, am slowly going insane. As if we didnt have enough of our own, a mini breeder friend (Nebs buddy knows em) that live just a few miles away from us called this morning. They had a ND or Pygmy doe who couldnt pass her kids. So after a call to Matt the Vet and a noon would be the soonest he could be out, he suggested they call us. Which they shoulda done anyways but didnt wanna bother us during morning chores.

So Tracy and I hop into the trusty Goatmobile and traverse the dangerous winding roads that lay between us and the goat in distress. Keep in mind, these roads are paved with yellow and white lines... dangerous indeed. The wind was blowing at a horrific 10-15 miles an hour to boot. We were almost, never even came close, to getting blown off the road.

(Side note: Baby goats get super pissed when you leave before giving them their morning milk! And have no issues with telling you so.)

So we arrive intact and what lies there before us??? Ya a Pygmy trying to have babies, but I am talking in the next pen. A cutie tiny little mini Nubian boy that is all splashes Smile I nearly lost my ear lobes and nose! Little "sucker" Smile

Ok back to the doe. A quick lube up and Tracy goes in! Much to the horror of the doe whos vocals here quite loud. And I am pretty sure I picked out. "NO NOT IN! OUT! I WANT EM TO COME OUT!" But I am not very fluent in goatspeak. But after feeling around a bit and figuring out whats holding the kid up, (I would later name him cork) Tracy jumps into action. But as with any super hero, their sidekicks play a fundamental roll. And I was no differnt. And at just the right moment, she calls me into action to help! "Hand me the snare" she says just as calm as can be. I guess thats why she's the hero and I am just the sidekick. But I jump into action. Open the ziploc bag with the snare inside of it. Putting my delicate hands at great risk as the bag is also filled with like a half cup of rubbing alcohol. But I forgo the risk and come out with the snare.
Tracy grabs it, and with ninja like skills, positions it and goes in after the kid. Second stretch into more seconds and after 10 or 15 of them, out comes the kid! With yet another boy and girl to follow shortly after! A quick utterin(?) bolus pushed in to help fight off any infection and we are done! The day has been saved!
But in every superhero story there are victims. Cork was the victim in this story and was long gone by the time we arrived. But his brother and sister and mama are all happy and healthy. The End. Smile

Editors notes: This story has not been proof read and was written in one session. If there are typos or mistakes, its the sole responsibility of the reader to make the necessary adjustments in their mind as the writer is going back out to do more chores Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Way to go Tracy!!!! (and her trusty sidekick!) Big Grin
Goatberries Happen!
Really the whole birthing thing is horrifying and gross. Till now I had no idea you could "reach in" a miniature goat. And lassos and slimy stuff and placentas and dead babies. I'm going to be happy to just buy goats rather than breed them. I actually have a 4 year old female that has never been bred-- As rare as finding a virgin on a Mardi Gras float! I once bought a goat from some Mexicans who said she "very very probably wasn't pregnant". She was. But fortunately she had her single baby when I wasn't around to see the horror of it all. I'm leaving it to other people. Bleh.
LOL there is an upside to babie though Smile Cant win big unless you risk big!
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I thought the birthing process was horrifying and disgusting too... until I helped my horse and then my own Lilly goat last year. Somehow that wonderful miracle of birth and that beautiful new life erases everything else and makes it all amazing and worthwhile.