First Team Outing!
There just don't seem to be any purpose built goat wagons readily available here so I expect we will need to try to make our own. But by the time we get around to doing that, Koby will probably be big enough to be hitched to the easy-entry cart we have. I might put him in it and see how he goes (with Mark at his head and me driving him from behind the cart).
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
Miniature horse/pony wagons are about the right size for our big boys. The only trouble is, they're expensive. I'm still kicking myself a bit for not buying one I found on Craigslist around Christmas 2015. It was a beautiful red wooden backboard with lovely detailing and looked to be in almost brand new condition for only $400. But we were saving up for our harnesses at the time and our goats wouldn't be old enough to pull it for a good year, so I passed. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to find another one day.

We had a wonderful drive this afternoon. The weather was gorgeous and the boys behaved almost perfectly. I can't think of too many things that are more relaxing.
I am so looking forward to the time when I can go for a relaxing drive with one of my goats!
Yesterday was beautiful and Phil and I were able to take Finn and Sputnik out for a little drive around the golf course. The boys were almost perfectly behaved for the entire drive. They even crossed water! 

There was a bit of balking the first time I faced them into this puddle...

But with a little encouragement, Sputnik splashed in and Finn couldn't help but accompany him. Finn really wanted to leap the puddle and was all gathered up in a heap at the edge, but he wasn't exactly sure how to jump while hitched to a wagon. Luckily Sputnik was there to show him how to cross by putting one foot in front of the other. 

Then we turned around and went back through for an encore. The second try was better than the first. 

Good boys! We crossed the puddle two more times before continuing on our drive. I got out after each crossing and rewarded the boys quite profusely. Finn even got GRAIN! 

Beautiful Finn.

A well-earned reward. 

I love this drive because the road is very level and very quiet. There is seldom any traffic at all, and the cars that do run on it go very slowly. The road is almost perfectly level and runs in a mile loop so we never have to backtrack. The best part is that it parallels a busy highway for quite a ways but with a sizable ditch between the two roads. We've been able to accustom Finn and Sputnik to all kids of speeding, noisy traffic including sirens, trucks, air brakes, and rattling trailers without ever having to actually compete with those things on the road. It's a marvelous place to train!    

We also get to enjoy the mountain scenery and a view of the golf course the entire way around. 

Phil and Finn look so noble! It's too bad Sputnik is ruining the picture with his fussing. 

As a final hoo-rah, Phil drove the goats past the truck and the clubhouse (they were a bit hesitant, but they did it) and brought them back to the puddle. 

They went through like champs! We were very proud of them, and of course there were cookies all around, and we led them back to the truck. 

Nanno, they look fantastic!
This is so cool!
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart