light weight tipi tents
I went to seek outside's showroom yesterday and checked out their tipi tents and stoves. Awsome light weight tent easy set up and made by some really cool people who are also goat packers. Check them out at seekoutside.com
Life is to short to stay inside, get out and enjoy what God has given us!
We have the older model of the 8 man Seek Outside tipi and love it! It cost less than other comparable tipi's and I like having two doors.
(02-25-2014, 08:50 PM)Huckleberry Wrote: We have the older model of the 8 man Seek Outside tipi and love it! It cost less than other comparable tipi's and I like having two doors.

Did you buy one of there stoves?
Life is to short to stay inside, get out and enjoy what God has given us!
I liked what I saw of the Kifaru tents but they are pricey.

I will check out the SeekOutside tents.

Link here: http://seekoutside.com/products/ultralig...ipittents/

They are more economical then Kifaru. Very packable ! I like what I saw.

Jake

Mikado, MI
The Seek Outside tipi is really good quality and we've been very happy with it.

We did buy the Xlarge Seek Outside stove, you can't even come close to touching the price on other models for stoves. It's really light weight, but I don't care for the damper and door design. I've never tried another model though, so don't have anything to compare it to other than pic's and videos. I think I like the look of the Kifaru stove damper better, but we couldn't afford the size we wanted from them. Seek Outside has made a lot of changes over the last few years so, so maybe the damper/door design has or will be changed.

Nothing beats being tucked inside your tipi while it's snowing, all warm and cozy with steaks grilling in the stove. The stove does make a mean steak!
Thanks, you answered a question I had about the stoves. Altogether their line looks very compatible with hiking and packgoats. My first investment is the Travellers Wagon, but a tent will be the next add-on.

Jake

Mikado, MI
My 12 man kifau is coming to the Rendy. It works great and so does the stove. It is all made in America which helped me decide to buy it. I got it for a 9,000 foot high mountain 2 week hunt, it was great and very goat packable
the stoves and tipis made by titanium goat look good too.... and it says goat...
These look awesome. I've been thinking about living in something like this instead of a camper. I believe i could put my own wood stove in there. would be very comfy.
If you want a tent that's packable and a lot less expensive...I had Beckle Canvas in Portland Oregon make me a fly for their TT tent. Look it up on the internet. Then had them sew in zippered panels on all 4 sides. I can use it as a fly with good wind circulation in summer or zip in any or all of the 4 side panels. If you cut your own poles, weighs in at like 10#. Made of polytex. Very waterproof. Makes a great spike camp tent for in the $400 range in 14.5x14.5' square and 10' center with 5' sidewalls. You won't find this is their catalog, other than just as a fly. But they have a picture of the fly set up stand alone next to the tent.

Pic for you. Tent and fly pictures.

[Image: 16B4387B-C3C4-43AD-87F6-9AA479374C8F.jpg]
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.