Goatless in Arizona
The Wild West is a great place to have pack goats.  I go into the redrock country all the time with mine and I love it.  And, like here in Utah, AZ has pine forests up on the mountains, too.  A bit of everything.  

Now, on the subject of starting out in pack goats and hiking, your choice of equipment is important.  For the goats, you can make your own or go with Butt-Head or NorthWest, but for your own equipment, you have a lot more choices.  Now, I know you're thinking you wont need a backpack because the goats will carry your stuff.  This is true, but until they're old enough you'll need to carry your own things.  May I suggest the Flextrek 37,000,000,000,000 "Whipsnake" backpack?  I am trying to get Flextrek to make pack goat equipment but so far they say they're going to start by making a goat-compatible French Wedge rather than packs.

Welcome, Missy439!

And CharlieHorse, OH MY GOODNESS! I can't stop laughing!!!!
I need a goat sitter to help me out June-October this year 2021. I have two wonderful temperament well behaved wethers I am hoping will become pack goats and one 2 quart a day nanny.  Oberhasli goats. I'm situated in downtown Tucson.  They do have their horns but are very gentle and well trained.  a lot of their body heat goes out through their horns so, being in Tucson, it's best that they have them intact.
Hello and welcome! I can't help you out, but hopefully you find someone who can. There are a few NAPgA members in Arizona. If you'd like I can help you get in touch with them and see if any of them are able to offer board.
(02-26-2021, 04:07 PM)Nanno Wrote: Hello and welcome! I can't help you out, but hopefully you find someone who can. There are a few NAPgA members in Arizona. If you'd like I can help you get in touch with them and see if any of them are able to offer board.

ok! the other option is to maybe sell the two wethers.  thanks, Kathleen
So, if you are a NAPgA member you can go to the Member Search feature listed under the Membership tab and search by state. Just type in "AZ" and a few names should pop up. Click on them and if their contact info pops up you can contact them directly.

Or if you prefer, I am the one who handles NAPgA's email. Send a message to the NAPgA inbox that I can copy/paste and send to the AZ members on your behalf.