Pack Goat Central
What did you do today? - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What did you do today? (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 09-17-2016

We took Pedro and Pepi for a walk today and we crossed a shallow stream. They were good kids. Pedro was very curious about the water. He bolted through it then turned right around and walked cautiously to the edge and took a few sips. I took hold of his collar and coaxed him forward so he could walk through the water instead of leaping across. He was hesitant but not balky at all. Pepi followed right after her big brother of course. They're both such sweet, curious little goats. I'm going to really miss these two when they're gone!

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 09-18-2016

Yesterday I attended the wedding of fellow goatpackers Curtis King and Lori Woodside.  What a fun and beautiful ceremony!  No goatpacker's wedding is complete without packgoats so the packgoat "groom" (Mocha Man) and the packgoat "bride" (Sandy) attended the wedding ceremony.  Sandy the bride's favorite part of the wedding was being fed the flower petals by the Flower Girl!  Congratulations Curtis and Lori!

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 09-18-2016

Oh, that is HILARIOUS!!! I love it!!!

P.S. I love how it looks like Curtis is wearing a huge flowered Derby hat in the last photo!

RE: What did you do today? - nebs - 09-20-2016

So awesome! They are both such good people, glad they found each other. Congrats Curt and Lori!

RE: What did you do today? - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 09-20-2016

lol oh lord that is awesome!

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 09-20-2016

Today I built two lounging areas for the goats by using 2 x 4’s to attach two pallets together and then put one of my horse stall mats on top of it.

Bourbon immediately investigated both “couches.”  He stood on one, walked around on it and smelled it.  Then he went to the next one, checked it out in the same manner and then Bourbon – being Bourbon – had to investigate further by lifting the mat to see what’s under it!  He’s always getting into mischief!

All of the goats were happy with their new lounging pads and even broke them in by pooping on them!

I love my goats!  They’re so entertaining!

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 09-20-2016

Aw, that's so cute!

RE: What did you do today? - DownUnder Gal - 09-24-2016

Great lounges. My goats would eat the rubber though

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 09-24-2016

None of my goats have bothered the mats except Bourbon. He loves to lift an edge and let it flop down. I'm not sure if it's the noise he likes of it slamming the pallet or it's just something because he can. He's a rather mischievous goat!

RE: What did you do today? - Charlie Horse - 09-24-2016

Well.  I just got some bad news.  I've been moving to my craptastic apartment in a little town down by the redrock deserts in central utah.  My friend Cactus Dan lives down there already.  In the past we've done a lot of horse riding together (he boarded a horse next door) and more recently you may remember him from some San Rafael trip pictures I posted a year and a half ago.  Today my neighbor informed me that he had died a few days ago due to complications from a pancreas problem he's had for a few years.  What bugs me is that last saturday when I was hauling some of my crap out there, I had stopped by his house to borrow a screw gun (I was setting up my storage unit which acts as my garage near my craptastic apartment and forgot mine).  His truck was gone so I figured he was out taking pictures in the Wild West ™ like he likes to do.  I had no idea but I had lunch at the chinese buffet and dinner at the diner just on the other side of the highway exit that the hospital is at.  I could have visited if only I'd thought to look for his truck at the hospital (He'd had some problems a few months ago so it wasn't really a stretch of the imagination).  I feel kinda bad about that.  I've been worried the last week.  It'd been 3 weeks since he'd messaged me last and I'd started thinking one of his parents (like 95 years old) had passed away and he'd headed back east.  I was going to talk to his neighbor on monday to get the story.  Turned out kinda worst-case-scenario, didn't it.

Tuesday I'm making another trailer-run of crap out there and I'm going to stop and talk to his sister, who is wrapping up his affairs.  It looks like I'll probably end up stuck with his retired old horse, Sagan.  Yay.  I dunno.  I was counting on borrowing his oversized truck to haul my horses up the canyon in a couple weeks.  In my mind I'd planned a lot of cool outings and adventures, horse rides and goat hikes with him.  Its really weird for me to delete that much data out of my brain.  He and I are both into 3D animation and we'd have these shop-talk conversations about inverse kinematics, matrix math, up-vectors, and character rigging that I don't think I'll ever have with anyone else again.  End of an era.  

He and Sasha are both gone now.  Too early for them both, too.  I guess it'll just be me and the goats next time I head out into the sandstone.

[Image: sasha_cactus_01.jpg]