Pack Goat Central
What did you do today? - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What did you do today? (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: What did you do today? - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 02-04-2016

I saw Taffy today! I waved, she waved but I dont think she actually knew it was me Smile

RE: What did you do today? - hihobaron - 02-04-2016

Hello All
The goat boy's are up to it again.
The Neighbor had to have a plumbing contractor out to fix some frozen drain pipes.
Yes, this is the same on property neighbor that has the Husky, Doberman, and German Shepard dogs that Pete, and Sam Harass on a regular basis.
 "I though goats were supposed to be afraid of dogs"  ???
Of course Pete and Sam I think have learned Top Goat (Me) usually has a soft air pistol that works good to chase off dogs. 
So the Goat Boy's push the dog's hard. If the dog's get to aggressive the dog's get shot "Non-Lethal"
but a hard enough hit on the dog to make it run off yipping. Yes, Top Goat has a very good sting.
Even with no horns.
I'll carry the same sting as dog repellent when we start trailing with the goat boy's.
Except when that happens there will be a big Bro along too. his name is 357 S&W Mag.
I do not expect to need big Bro, but to many years of work in "Unstable" environments has taught me it is better to have and know how to use lethal force , than to not have it with you and become a victim.
Moving on:

The Goat boy's hijacked the plumbers service truck.
The guy's left the back doors open, it was a Cube Van type truck.
I was walking the boy's , going down to check what the problem was at neighbors.
I walked up on porch to talk with neighbor ,see what the problem was, goat boy's followed me up (normal)
I found out the situation and was on my way out.
Well Pete and Sam saw one of the plumbers come out of the crawl space under the house and go in the truck for parts. Next thing you know he had 2 goats "Helping" him find stuff. I walked over to get the boys and his comment was " I've been chased into the truck by dog's , but never held captive by Goats.
Pete and Sam were just being friendly/Inquisitive not aggressive.
I called them out they both obeyed bounced out of truck and came over for a scratch and treat.
The guy could not believe goats were that trainable.
He had to have a picture of the goats trapping him in the back of his truck. Smile
So we staged one. he gave me his cell phone set for pictures, went back in the truck ,I sent the Pete and Sam in after him. One "up" command and they were both in the truck again "Snooping" at all the pluming stuff. "Bad Goats" Smile
I am hoping I can get him to e-mail me a copy of the Plumbers Helpers Goats.
I am sure he will have fun with the picture around the shop. with the other plumbers.
City folk are fun to mess with when the goats play nice.
Happy Trails
hihobaron

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 02-05-2016

This morning I woke up to a light river fog and sunshine.  Our farm is about 1/2 mile from the Columbia River so we can sometimes get socked in when the river temperature is warmer than the air.  This is the view out my living room window.  Drinking my coffee and looking out on this beautiful scene - life is good!

RE: What did you do today? - hihobaron - 02-05-2016

Hello Taffy
You call that fog???
Here in the Blue Ridges even a goat can not be seen 10 feet away.
BTY: No goats in the picture.
Irrigation Systems are not in my book as being Photogenic , I have had to work on to many of them.
Happy Trails
hihobaron

RE: What did you do today? - nebs - 02-05-2016

Very cool Taffy! I find it a very peaceful pic, thanks for sharing.

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 02-05-2016

That's so pretty, Taffy. Looks warm! We've got over a foot of snow on the ground out my window!

RE: What did you do today? - hihobaron - 02-06-2016

Hello all
Saw a good one on Pre-super bowl clips this morning.
Colorado Goat breeder (Looked like Boar goats (Meat) Goats.
Knits kid sweaters in the Bronco Colors for their early season kids.
It was a good clip for goats in general. Smile
Cuteness factor +10
BTY: Don't tell Pete and Sam I am a Panthers Fan, self preservation as I am living in South Carolina.
Happy Trail
Go Panthers
hihobaron

RE: What did you do today? - Charlie Horse - 02-06-2016

Its the Super Bowel this weekend? I had no idea. Go Redsocks! There's no way the Chicago Bulls can win without Magic Johnson.

I used to like the Budweiser horse commercials but they're generally pretty cringe-worthy lately... All acting like they behave like people and stuff. Mmhm. I saw the movie H8teful 8 a few weeks ago and it really gave a feeling of driving a 4 horse team. The first third of the movie takes place in a stage coach. It shows the reality of it all pretty well, and the horses don't get all patriotic or play practical jokes on each other like the Budweiser commercials would lead one to believe.

RE: What did you do today? - hihobaron - 02-06-2016

CH
I could learn to not like you. Smile
You are right, Stage Travel was an "Ordeal"
But for the "period" it was the today equivalent of going to the airport.
The "other" option was ride a horse take a pack animal, along and camp out "Every night" be ready to shoot anything that came up on your camp.
Moving on:
Horses and Goats are "PEOPLE" Talk to your goat, horse or dog they will give you a better answer than any Politician.
They are "Always There" you don't have to make a "Appointment" 3 weeks ahead of time like you do with your Shrink.

Bud Commercials that don't have horses in them do "STINK"

I do drive horses , Singles,Team, Unicorn, 4 in hand, and 6 up coach teams.
Have worked with a 13 horse draft team (Tandem) 135 feet from wheel horse to lead horse.
Been with the Bud wagon hitch at two events and also been at the Saint Louie home breeding farm.
Don't pick on my draft horses.
BTY: At the Bud Home Farm they have "Companion" goats. Smile
Some do travel with the horses to "Events"
But get no PR.
Your comment::
" play practical jokes on each other like the Budweiser commercials would lead one to believe."
Goats and horses "mess" with each other all the time.
Just sit down and watch the interaction in your herd.
You will learn herd structure and how to be the Head Goat/horse just from watching their social interaction.
Goats , Horses do talk, you just need to learn "Their" language.
BTY: I have held up Wells Fargo Stage Coaches and made the driver throw down the "Strong Box"
Needless to say Wells Fargo Banks still do not like me.
Be careful what you say, I have horses and now goats all over listing for me and passing information along.
it is called the hayme.network Smile
Happy Trails
hihobaron

RE: What did you do today? - Charlie Horse - 02-07-2016

My neighbor has a couple Clydesdale mares. She bred them to her Morgan stallion. It may make for some very interesting horses. Or not. I'd thought about crossing my old-school Morgan to a slightly too short Freisian but never got around to it and now she's too old. Ah well, I'm horse poor anyhow. I do need some younger horses though-- mine are all getting up there.

Let me tell ya, the Clydes in the neighborhood sure do get the looks when they're out. Its like the Ferrari horse that everyone stares at when it goes past. Not quite like my yak but close!