Pack Goat Central
What did you do today? - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What did you do today? (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 12-20-2015

I took the goats for a walk around the farm this afternoon.  It was 42* sunny with a medium breeze.  They enjoyed munching on the trees, leaves, the winter weeds growing on the edges of the hay fields and the green grass shoots in the hay fields.

(l to r) Bourbon, Kahlua, Joules, Sugar.

.jpg   Bourbon Kahlua Joules Sugar 12.20.15.jpg (Size: 74.72 KB / Downloads: 87)

Captain Morgan

.jpg   Captain Morgan 12.20.15.jpg (Size: 80.48 KB / Downloads: 87)

Dude

.jpg   Dude 12.20.15.jpg (Size: 70.36 KB / Downloads: 87)

RE: What did you do today? - nebs - 12-20-2015

Good looking goats!

RE: What did you do today? - hihobaron - 12-20-2015

I Like Captain Morgan with a Splash of Coke.
Nice looking troops you have there.
Happy Trails
hihobaron

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 12-20-2015

Dude looks so noble!

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 12-28-2015

Today I heard from the BioTracking lab and we have good news! Delilah is officially "in a family way". She was unable to get pregnant last year despite several breedings to different bucks and I thought we might have to intervene with hormone shots this year. But nope! She got pregnant on the first breeding and will be due around April 10th! That's very early for us, but I figured we'd better get a jump on this one in case she needed a little help.

So far I'm feeling hopeful that Petunia is bred as well. She saw a buck on December 7th, so it will be a few more days until I know for sure if she took. She should have begun cycling today (her cycles have been 21 days this year), but I'll give her till the end of this week before I start feeling quite confident. The nice thing about Petunua is that she lets me know beyond question if she's still open. She SCREAMS when she's in heat and won't shut up for 2 days. Last time she came in heat I knew about it before I got out of bed that morning--"I NEED A MAA-AA-AAA-NNN!!!" was the earsplitting and oft repeated demand that blared from the goat pen, which currently sits on the other side of a field from my house. Her voice sure carries! She wants to make sure that every buck within ten miles is aware that she's available. Heart Smile

RE: What did you do today? - hihobaron - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 06:49 PM)Nanno Wrote: Today I heard from the BioTracking lab and we have good news! Delilah is officially "in a family way". She was unable to get pregnant last year despite several breedings to different bucks and I thought we might have to intervene with hormone shots this year. But nope! She got pregnant on the first breeding and will be due around April 10th! That's very early for us, but I figured we'd better get a jump on this one in case she needed a little help.

So far I'm feeling hopeful that Petunia is bred as well. She saw a buck on December 7th, so it will be a few more days until I know for sure if she took. She should have begun cycling today (her cycles have been 21 days this year), but I'll give her till the end of this week before I start feeling quite confident. The nice thing about Petunua is that she lets me know beyond question if she's still open. She SCREAMS when she's in heat and won't shut up for 2 days. Last time she came in heat I knew about it before I got out of bed that morning--"I NEED A MAA-AA-AAA-NNN!!!" was the earsplitting and oft repeated demand that blared from the goat pen, which currently sits on the other side of a field from my house. Her voice sure carries! She wants to make sure that every buck within ten miles is aware that she's available. Heart  Smile
Hello Nanno and the ladies in lust.  Big Grin 
I hope they are all "Satisfied" 
As you know I am NOT in the goat breeding market.
BUT have had to deal with horse mares that must have been related to Petunua. 
I will not use the word on site here of what the mares were like to every gelding on the place.
Neighbors Saniens(sp) the white ones, are bred for March to a young alpine buck. I am interested in seeing what that cross throws.
What do you think? Might a buckling from that kind of cross make a pack goat in a few years?
Goat news from here:
Neighbor on the property here has a nice covered porch.
I have been invited down to just sit and talk. anytime.
She has a young doby and a husky. 
My boy's know the dogs around the place here.
As I have mentioned I walk with the goat boys off lead here.
The goat boy's have "visited" her porch/yard when free ranging.
Well the next hoof print has been planted, I stopped in to chat all 3 dogs (mine included) and the goat boys walked up on the porch and we got settled in for a chat. Well it did not take long for the goat boy's to "Evict" the dogs from the porch.
I think they have claimed that area as Goat only parking. Big Grin
At any rate they both settled down at my feet to chew their cud and contumplate their victory over the dogs. I think I have bonded goats??
We spent a good 1/2 hour chatting and not one pile of goat berries were passed. Goats can be clean when they want to be I think.??
More Rain here and the boy's have not raided the boat shed looking for their PFD's I think we are safe from high water.
I did see a report that IF what we have had in rain this month were snow it would equal to 50 inches or better.
Glad I have Prepper supplies for 3 months. Before I have to start thinking about goat burger. Wink
Fresh pasture seed is sprouting have Tree Frogs Croking, and Crickets chirping .
Goat boys are enjoying the Redneck Goat Shed it is dry inside and leaving the lights on the Christmas Tree alone. 

Found a goat halter that fits both boys, need another and the color I hate Lime Green, oh well beggars can't be choosers. 
Lime green is NOT a BOY color.  Rolleyes
Happy Trails 
hihobaron

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 01-01-2016

In honor of all our east coast friends who are floating away, Charlie Horse suggested this website banner change. Looking at you, Hihobaron!

I'll hopefully get the new monthly drawing up later today.

RE: What did you do today? - hihobaron - 01-01-2016

Hello Nanno and ALL
I Love the New Banner Great ART. Smile Smile Smile
Appropriate for this Red Neck Goat Camp too. Thanks To ALL.
Hihobaron ,Pete, and Sam as well as the other troops here in SC.

RE: What did you do today? - sdgoatlady - 01-01-2016

I hiked with my two 6 month old boys in East San Diego County.  Fun!  I will be glad, though, when they are big enough to carry their own water.

RE: What did you do today? - hihobaron - 01-04-2016

Hello All
Pete and Sam had a rough day of it.
It was 27 degrees but dry here for a while.
Turned the boy's loose this morning and they took off running and jumping like crazy goats. 
I guess they have a right, Goats are Crazy anyway right??
They found a new toy to climb on, My truck tool box. it is out of the truck right now and on the ground. Yep something NEW in the Camp area to jump on and fight over. Well they spent a good couple hours running between the Truck Tool box and the Cook box on the deck,playing King Goat.
About 100 feet between the two boxes. I think they got warmed up good.
Then we took our walk to feed horses and they were more than willing to follow in trail. Glad to get back to camp.
I put a good audio book on and sat down and both of them laid down close to listen too.
I think they called a truce and wanted a nap.
Happy Trails
hihobaro Pete and Sam