Pack Goat Central
What did you do today? - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What did you do today? (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 11-19-2014

Going in to get Snickers and Sputnik wethered today, poor fellas. Sad

RE: What did you do today? - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 11-19-2014

On such a cold day? That just sounds nuts! LOL Smile

RE: What did you do today? - sydneyjd - 11-19-2014

Very funny Tongue

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 11-19-2014

Actually it was pretty warm today (mid 40's). I had made the appointment for last week but rescheduled due to the cold. Today was perfect weather, but unfortunately I made the trip all they way to Pueblo, waited for almost an hour, and when I finally saw the vet it was too late to do them. They're so big they'll need surgery since my vet doesn't use a burdizzo. They had a lot of emergency walk-ins today and were running way behind. He scheduled my guys again for next Tuesday first thing in the morning. He's giving me a pretty good discount since he had to reschedule.

I'm sure Snickers and Sputnik are happy. They amused everyone at the office while we waited. I kept them in the parking lot because they're stinky and tend to spray unexpectedly, but they did their tricks for folks waiting outside with horses. The buys got lots of compliments, and everyone wanted to know what breed they are.

RE: What did you do today? - nebs - 11-19-2014

I recently resigned from Pasco PD after 11 years there, to begin a new chapter working for Kennewick PD. It has been pretty hectic for me and my family lately, but today was my first day off. I have just been trying to relax and catch back up. I have found just going out and feeding the goats and watching them for a few moments is a great stress reliever!

RE: What did you do today? - deschutes dawn - 11-19-2014

Nanno, my vet uses a California band on older bucklings. I think that's what it's called. Worked like a charm on a yearling I had. Also worked on a 4 month old. I have 2 bucklings going in next week to have their hardware "rewired"! They are sweet little guys and I'm looking forward to having only one stinker (Kodiak) and 2 little loveys instead. You would love Churro-he's quite a little peacock!

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 11-19-2014

(11-19-2014, 07:06 PM)nebs Wrote: I recently resigned from Pasco PD after 11 years there, to begin a new chapter working for Kennewick PD. It has been pretty hectic for me and my family lately, but today was my first day off. I have just been trying to relax and catch back up. I have found just going out and feeding the goats and watching them for a few moments is a great stress reliever!

Congratulations on your new position on the "correct" side of the Columbia. Tongue

Someday I will get pics posted of all my gang. Somehow I ended up with a herd. They really are like potato chips!

Ummm, Taffy-what correct side of the Columbia are you referring to?!! Hehe! Bend is the correct side of everything!

RE: What did you do today? - michael - 11-19-2014

They really are like potatoe chips. Two or three years ago my wife was fed up with them all and we reduced the herd to zero, I never personally bought another goat and we are up to 13.

Good to know I'm not the only "collector"! There's an Alpine wether down the way from me that I would love to have! I really don't need another goat. (but they are sooo cute and wonderful)