Pack Goat Central
What did you do today? - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What did you do today? (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: What did you do today? - deschutes dawn - 05-11-2014

Gorgeous day in Central Oregon today. Went to breakfast then home to weed, clean runs, trim hooves, repot plants for the veggie garden and explain over and over to the 4 yo grand daughter why she can't pour mud on the chickens. She was making mud stew for them. The baby goat brigade got into the hay barn and literally had a "hay day". Clean up wasn't too bad-worth the laugh!

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 05-11-2014

I cut firewood today and repaired Cuzco's tipi shed. I was going to install it as well, but it started snowing and the ground was too wet before I had time. So he's just going to have to wait till nicer weather and then he'll have his own shed again. Right now he's "sharing" with Nubbin, although the poor gal kept huddling outside the door collecting snow until she could sneak back in again. Nubbin and Petunia are the only goats he will sort of tolerate in his shed, and Nubbin is the only one plucky enough to actually stay there. Once the weather gets real bad or night falls, Cuzco always relents and lets Nubbin bed down with him. He's an old softie that way. But I know he'll be happier when he has a place to himself, and it will be safer for Nubbin too (although I seem to have a hard time convincing her that Cuzco is not a very good friend).

In other news, if you've been experiencing problems with the website today, that's just normal transfer stuff. A few posts from yesterday and today may have been lost, but I think we should be about done with shifting things over. Ya'll let me know if you're having any problems tomorrow and Phil will call the web host and make sure it gets sorted out. Thanks for your patience!

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 05-11-2014

Today I gave all of my goats TSV2, trimmed hooves, worked on show handling with them and started packing my trailer in preparation for the show in Boise over Memorial Day weekend. I'm "only" taking 5 of the 10 goats to the shows. All 5 are entered in all 3 shows. I'm pooped in a good way! Tongue

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 05-12-2014

I'm snowed in this morning. Anyone want to chat?

RE: What did you do today? - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 05-14-2014

Today was a pretty good day. Started out getting up at 3am so I could be at the boat launch at 4:40. Went bass fishing till about 9:30. Caught 8 decent small mouth. Took a hour nap, and got woke up by my work. Looks like the slow season is over and things are "heating" up. I go back to work tomorrow. Which is going to kinda suck cause its suppose to be 93 degrees and Ill be up in an attic doing a HVAC retro... for the next two days.
Here on the farm got the babies moved around. Now all the bottle baby girls and the three youngest boys are in one pen. Then 10 more boys in the weaning pen. Dropping them down to once a day feedings. Wanted to have the new hay in place before we did that but couldnt wait with me going back to work. And finally the 9 oldest boys are in their own weaned pen and are off milk. Wormed everyone who still needed it as we went. Gathered up all my tools that were pretty much everywhere on the farm. Will finish out the evening taking the garbage out to the road, evening chores.

RE: What did you do today? - nebs - 05-14-2014

I wish I could share more details, but I helped take down a group of illegal alien drug traffickers, seize 17 pounds of meth, four firearms, a bunch of cash. Then I hustled to catch my daughter's orchestra recital. You know, just your normal day Smile

RE: What did you do today? - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 05-14-2014

... show off

RE: What did you do today? - Teckelhut - 05-15-2014

(05-14-2014, 10:46 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: ... show off

Hey. A person's gotta support their daughter's orchestra habit somehow!Big Grin

RE: What did you do today? - nebs - 05-15-2014

It was an excellent recital Smile

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 05-15-2014

Nebs, I'm so glad we have supermen like you who can be caped crusaders by day and family men by night! Smile