Pack Goat Central
What did you do today? - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What did you do today? (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 11-06-2014

Success! All goats were still penned in their proper locations this morning. Also, this was the first morning in a month that the bucklings weren't covered in fresh pee. Yay for girls being far away from boys!

I also made an appointment today to get Snickers and Sputnik wethered next week. That should turn down the hormone levels a notch. I'll probably pick up some Lutalyse while I'm there. I'm pretty sure we've got some unwanted breedings at this point. There's sure is a lot to learn with this goat breeding stuff. Every time I feel like I've got things under control, the goats throw me a curve ball. Smile

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 11-07-2014

(11-06-2014, 12:06 PM)Nanno Wrote: Every time I feel like I've got things under control, the goats throw me a curve ball. Smile

Of course they throw you a curve ball! They're goats! Big Grin

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 11-07-2014

Got another curve ball this morning. The boys were all nicely penned up. I'd just milked the girls and let them out to graze and was taking the boys' morning grain to them. I cracked open the gate so Cuzco could come out, and grumpy old beast that he is, he balked in the gateway and Finn squirted out under Cuzco's legs and mounted Petunia (who just came into heat this morning) before I could do a thing about it. I'm not sure if he got her properly or not (she didn't hunch afterwards), but he was certainly working away at it. Managing these bucks sure is a tricky business!

RE: What did you do today? - Charlie Horse - 11-07-2014

With whats coming for Nanno's guys next week, lets not be talking about throwing balls around for a while.

--Brought to you by the males of PackGoatCentral--

RE: What did you do today? - nebs - 11-07-2014

Ha ha!

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 11-08-2014

(11-07-2014, 04:08 PM)Charlie Horse Wrote: With whats coming for Nanno's guys next week, lets not be talking about throwing balls around for a while.

--Brought to you by the males of PackGoatCentral--

Nice one Charlie Horse. Tongue

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 11-08-2014

Today I put the tank heaters in the goat water tanks. The polar vortex that is going to drop our temperatures in the next few days is bringing an end to our gorgeous fall. Sad

RE: What did you do today? - Charlie Horse - 11-08-2014

The polar vortex has crap-canned my plans for one last San Rafael goat trip mon-weds. They've been creeping the weather forecast lower and lower to the point where I don't think I can say it'll be fun hiking temps. I think it'd work out, but the odds of it sucking are too high. Damn you AL GORE!

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 11-09-2014

What the heck is a polar vortex? Is it just a fancy term for "winter is finally here"?

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 11-09-2014

I played with bucklings today and all of those clothes went in the wash the minute I came indoors. PEEE-EUUU!!! They're so cute, though. I also expanded the girls' pen which meant I got to cut some paths through the scrub oak. It's big, thick oak, perfect for firewood. I love being able to do two chores at once!