Pack Goat Central
What did you do today? - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What did you do today? (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 09-10-2014

No problem!
(09-10-2014, 10:05 AM)Nanno Wrote: ^ Awesome! Do you mind if I move it to the "Tales from the Trail" section?

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 09-10-2014

Never mind. I realized I can't move individual posts, just threads apparently. Cool hike though!

I made another batch of cajeta today. I boiled this one longer so it came out a lot thicker and stronger-tasting than the previous batches. I think I might try using some to make caramel popcorn later this week since it's closer to candy consistency than the thinner syrup I've made in the past. I also canned the jars this time so it should stay good for a long time without refrigeration.

We also took the boys for a short walk today. We got to hear snuffly, wheezy noses and wet coughs most of the way. Everyone's colds were much worse this morning because of the cold, damp weather. But the sun came out and warmed things up this afternoon so it seemed a good time to get the boys out and about. They sure are a lively little crew, and they love their walks!

RE: What did you do today? - sydneyjd - 09-10-2014

^ Awesome Taffy!! Big Grin

RE: What did you do today? - nebs - 09-11-2014

Cool! Thanks for sharing Taffy. Nanno, I hope your goats get better soon.

RE: What did you do today? - sydneyjd - 09-11-2014

So,i finally got a full pic of my goats. Wink Sorry for the bad resolution. I took it with my video camera,and turned the frames i wanted into pictures. goats pic

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 09-11-2014

Today I giggled with glee!!!! During the last weekend at the Cascade Packgoat Club camp out weekend Banjo started coming around. He even smelled strangers. Today, for the first time, he came running up to me to be scratched when Bourbon came running to me! I was able to rub and scratch him all over and he was even chewing his cud while I did it! It is so heartwarming to know he finally trusts me and wants to be with me.

RE: What did you do today? - nebs - 09-12-2014

Yeah! That's great to hear Taffy! Good looking goats Sydneyjd.

RE: What did you do today? - sydneyjd - 09-12-2014

Thanks Smile

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 09-12-2014

(09-11-2014, 09:50 PM)Taffy Wrote: Today I giggled with glee!!!! During the last weekend at the Cascade Packgoat Club camp out weekend Banjo started coming around. He even smelled strangers. Today, for the first time, he came running up to me to be scratched when Bourbon came running to me! I was able to rub and scratch him all over and he was even chewing his cud while I did it! It is so heartwarming to know he finally trusts me and wants to be with me.

Aw, that's so sweet! I'm glad you've gotten through to him at last.

Sydney, I love your photo! Beautiful little milk herd you've got there! I'm curious if you managed to work out your milk production issues.

RE: What did you do today? - sydneyjd - 09-12-2014

Yes,i am working on them. I think the biggest issue is because last year,i went a little to long into the milking season,and didnt give them a long enough break before they gave birth. Confused They are going dry now.