Pack Goat Central
What did you do today? - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What did you do today? (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 03-20-2018

HA! Love it! You should build a whole row of these and offer babysitting services. Great pay, no work!

RE: What did you do today? - saltphoenix - 03-21-2018

(03-06-2018, 06:45 PM)Nanno Wrote: We took the boys on shopping trip over the weekend and did some test driving. Here's a sneak peek at what we brought home! 

OMG WOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!! that's beautiful!!!

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 03-21-2018

Guess what I did today? Today is my birthday so I told Phil I wanted to take the goats for a drive in our new carriage after he got off work. They were very good boys--much better than last week. I think they were just a little rusty last time. Finn had a better attitude today, they worked together better, and there was much less pulling at the bits. We even went up and down a couple of hills and it didn't faze them at all. Phil got out once or twice to take some pictures, but for most of our hour-long drive he rode in the wagon with me.  

So here are some photos to make you all jealous. Neener-neener-neener!  Tongue

Phil and I got out before we reached the truck and led the boys the rest of the way. I try to make sure we always disembark someplace besides the truck so it's not quite such an attractive nuisance. 

RE: What did you do today? - Saph - 03-21-2018

Big Grin Happy Birthday Nanno! Big Grin

RE: What did you do today? - DownUnder Gal - 03-22-2018

Happy Birthday Nanno! The boys are looking great in their new vehicle Smile Is that the road around the golf course?

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 03-22-2018

This is actually a different road in Colorado City.

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 03-22-2018

(03-21-2018, 07:53 PM)Saph Wrote: Big Grin Happy Birthday Nanno! Big Grin

This is a hilarious picture! Thanks!

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 03-31-2018

Today was our community Easter egg hunt, which is always a big hit with families from all over the valley. I brought Sputnik and his cart and Phil brought Petunia and the two kids. We were too overwhelmed to take photos, but the goat cart rides were a huge hit as usual, and the baby goats were a fun new addition to the festivities. We've never had kids early enough in the year to bring any to the Easter celebration before. Unfortunately Blackbird and Skeeter were terrified of the mob of kids that came screaming over to pet them and started running around the park in a panic. But Phil had Petunia on a leash so he was able to get the kids back to her and then he put them on leashes so they couldn't bolt. After that, Phil had the kids pet Petunia and he let the babies hide between his legs and her body so they could feel safe. The calmer children were able to gently pet them, but most had to be content just to look. Petunia didn't mind any amount of petting, and many of the kids amused themselves by feeding her grass that they'd picked for her.

Sputnik was a model citizen. He did a great job carting those kids around and never got antsy or claustrophobic or nervous. He wanted to go stand near Petunia (he's always been very attached to his mother-dearest), but he kept his mind on the job and never complained. He got a lot of treats for his bother until by the end he was kind of sick of peanuts and animal crackers. But what a good boy! When we were through with cart rides I tied Sputnik to a pole so I could help Phil manage his three goats. Some kids went over and amused themselves by picking handfuls of fresh grass and feeding it to Sputnik. I kept a watchful eye on him but he never got nervous or defensive about the screams of laughter or the outstretched fingers poking toward his face. It's nice to see him so comfortable around a noisy, rambunctious crowd of kids without me even having to stand near him to calm him down. What a good boy he's become! Babysitting children is usually Finn's specialty, but it's nice to see that Sputnik is learning to fill that role without having a meltdown.

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 04-03-2018

Someone sent me a photo! 

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 04-07-2018

I brushed a few of the goats with the slicker brush this morning because some of them are starting to shed their undercoats and they feel itchy. I called Finn over for his turn, and of course Sputnik came racing over to see what was going on. "Treats? Treats?" he asked with wagging tail. But as soon as he heard the scratching sound of the wire bristles in Finn's coat, Sputnik spun and bolted out of there as fast as though someone had lit a firecracker under his tail. He disappeared behind the house and never made another appearance. Meanwhile, Finn stood there with his eyes half closed and looked like he would have loved to be brushed all day long.