Pack Goat Central
What did you do today? - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What did you do today? (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: What did you do today? - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 07-08-2014

Worked hard to get the house we were working on done before the heat of the day. Did it and now I think Ill treat myself to some fishing Smile

RE: What did you do today? - sydneyjd - 07-11-2014

I just finished drivers training segment 1!! https://cloud.openmailbox.org/public.php?service=files&t=008d95f6e9e79fde80eb7bd5d6e6867a Now i have to do 50 hours of driving before I can do segment 2. Smile

RE: What did you do today? - Saltlick - 07-11-2014

(07-08-2014, 05:51 AM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Congrats SaltLick! I'm so glad about the bikes. I actually chipped in on those, but I wasn't confident that the goals would be reached-- But wow 15 bikes!!! I wish I could go to Mongolia again and stay a few months. So lucky! Have fun out there.

Charlie Horse, yes I know and I was looking for you at the rendy so I could thank you I person Smile I'll send you some pics after I get back. I've only bee here two days and I already love it!!! We got all 15 bikes, and Yamaha even gave us a 16th one for free and is sending a Japanese mechanic with us. Smile

(07-11-2014, 02:35 PM)Saltlick Wrote:
(07-08-2014, 05:51 AM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Congrats SaltLick! I'm so glad about the bikes. I actually chipped in on those, but I wasn't confident that the goals would be reached-- But wow 15 bikes!!! I wish I could go to Mongolia again and stay a few months. So lucky! Have fun out there.

Charlie Horse, yes I know and I was looking for you at the rendy so I could thank you I person Smile I'll send you some pics after I get back. I've only bee here two days and I already love it!!! We got all 15 bikes, and Yamaha even gave us a 16th one for free and is sending a Japanese mechanic with us. Smile

And thanks again for helping make this happen, the ranger will can't believe anyone would do this for them! Smile

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 07-11-2014

GREAT to hear from you Saltlick! That's awesome to hear Yamaha donated a 16th bike plus sent a mechanic, too!

How are your burns? Healing quickly I hope.

Keep us abreast of all that's happening whenever you can!

RE: What did you do today? - Saltlick - 07-11-2014

Burns are fine now, thanks Taffy! We're heading out on out journey up north today to deliver the bikes Smile btw, I already saw a goat I wanted Smile but it's probably been eaten by now. Probably won't hear from me for a while since I won't be in a town. Wish I could post some pics but the files are too large so it'll have to be when I get back.

RE: What did you do today? - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 07-11-2014

You can do like I do. I post em to the goatspot first cause it will resize them for me Smile Then I post em to here. Kinda wish I was there with ya. How are the temps? here 100+ for the next 10 days!!! Im going to go insane!

RE: What did you do today? - Teckelhut - 07-16-2014

The usual routine for myself and "the boys" is to allow them to run and play and browse freely for an hour in the morning while I do the chores and the same in the evening. But because it was 100 degrees this evening (as opposed to 53 this morning) I had another plan. I completed the chores, then let the boys out and we all headed for my huge spreading weeping willow tree so they could play and browse in the shade. My feet started getting hot in my chore clogs so I took them off and let them dangle while I sat and watched the boys for an hour. During that time Clancy wandered by, brushed up against my right foot, stopped, took a step back, sniffed it, snorted and moved on. I replied "Well what do you expect in 100 degree heat?" Must not have smelled too bad though...

he's still alive.

RE: What did you do today? - Taffy - 07-16-2014

Today I did morning chores then went to quilting guild. That gets out at noon. I cam home and finished a quilted tote bag I made for one of my daughter-in-laws. When the temperature dropped below 100* I hauled hay to the goat barn and filled the feeders. Then I got out the brush and spent a half hour brushing the does. They vie for attention and brushing. The boys were busy eating hay and not interested in being brushed. I have no idea why they want to eat hay when they have lots of delicious pasture!? In a few minutes I'm heading out to mow our lawn.

RE: What did you do today? - Teckelhut - 07-16-2014

This morning Clancy decided he was going to challenge me and so he butted me. I could tell that this was not in play. This was an attempt to tell me he was the boss. I grabbed him by one horn, put my hand on the bottom of his chin and tipped his head up to where our eyes connected. As I looked him square in the eyes, a look of fear came over his face, then I calmly said "You CAN be eaten, young man. Don't forget that". After releasing him he wandered off with his tail down. But then later came back and stood by me. I scratched his butt, which he loves. All was forgiven.

RE: What did you do today? - sydneyjd - 07-16-2014

Funny,yet serious Big Grin