Pack Goat Central
Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2017 - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: G.O.A.T. (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=2095)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2017 - Nanno - 05-09-2017

A watched pot and all that... I was just sure she would kid before 3:00 this afternoon.

Tried to take her for a walk but she didn't want one. She just wanted to explore the other shelters and see if they were perhaps more suitable for giving birth (I assured her they were not, but like all goats, Delilah suffers from the delusion that anything someone else has must surely be better than what she has). We went for our walk and she stayed in the pen. I was hoping she'd get to business by the time we returned but she didn't. So now she's back in her own private birthing suite and hopefully she'll get down to business before dark. That would be more convenient for me. Naturally it's pouring rain out there again.

RE: Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2017 - Taffy - 05-09-2017

I see a brand new baby!  No, wait!  There are two!!!!  It doesn't look like the one is moving. :-(

RE: Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2017 - Charlie Horse - 05-09-2017

Oh thats rather sad. You're right.

Edit: I thought I saw movement...

Eddit: Its alive!

Edddit: Alive and well it seems. Someone else is watching-- The camera is moving.

The sheer joy of seeing BOTH kids up and eating!  I was so sad but now I am overjoyed!  Way to go Delilah!  Smile

The little white faced one is already showing off its airplane ears!

(05-09-2017, 10:17 PM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Oh thats rather sad.  You're right.

Edit:  I thought I saw movement...

Eddit:  Its alive!

Edddit:  Alive and well it seems.  Someone else is watching-- The camera is moving.

That would be me!   Big Grin

RE: Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2017 - Nanno - 05-09-2017

Cuteness overload in the goatoscope tonight! We've got one precious little doeling (lighter grey with all white face) and one adorable big buckling (darker color with white spot on head). I had to assist with this birth. Delilah began battling mastitis a couple days ago, and although she's a lot better I think she is feeling run down and she just wasn't pushing. But now that she has these two little cuties to occupy her she's feeling much improved. Can't wait to see what these two look like in the daytime!

RE: Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2017 - DownUnder Gal - 05-10-2017

Congrats Nanno ... can't wait to see photos of the little ones!

I can't get the link to the camera to work Sad

RE: Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2017 - Nanno - 05-10-2017

Unless Jezebel decides to kid, I should be able to get photos of the babies up this afternoon. They're absolutely adorable and very active and healthy. We haven't decided on names yet, but we'd better get cracking because there are a lot more kids on the way!

Here's one photo to get started. Girl is on the left and boy is on the right. 

RE: Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2017 - DownUnder Gal - 05-10-2017

Aw .... cuteness overload! And they've got wattles by the look of it? Lovely colours and look at those ears!

RE: Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2017 - Taffy - 05-10-2017

Do I see wattles?!