Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Cold weather gloves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm out hiking and my hands are freezing. What gloves do you wear in rigid weather whiwhie hiking?
Taffy I use some winter riding gloves or cross country skiing gloves. The ski gloves actually have a space for hand warmers!
We are selling the new gloves by Outdoor Research http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/catalo...gory/2158/

I saw them at the OR Show last winter and looked very promising. I just ordered a pair today for field testing. I too am tired of cold hands when I am out feeding or hauling water.

Taffy, if you have an interest, let me know. I am pretty sure that I could get you a good deal on them.
The ice armor gloves made for ice fishing seem too be the best too me, and they also have a spot for handwarmer and they come in either a glove or a mitt.... great, I get them at sportsmans warehouse or a cabelas type store,
Matt
Taffy--I do a lot of backcountry skiing in very cold temperatures. I have NEVER had issues with this product. The price is reasonable. If you combine the mitts with a waterproof overmitt, you will be completely warm AND dry.
Boiled Wool Mittens
Waterproof mitten shells