Pack Goat Central

Full Version: NAPGA member ID number?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

We are getting ready to order micro chips for several of our goats and after talking to the place found out they offer a discount for members of goat organizations.  My wife told the person we are members of the pack goat association and he said that was great and just needed our membership number.  We could get a pretty good discount on the chips and scanner.

How do I find my membership number? 
Has anyone ordered micro chips from microchip ID and gotten a discount? They wouldn't give a discount for 4H. 

Kris
Hi Kris,

Questions for NAPgA need to be sent to info@napga.org.

I sent you an email. It may have gone to your spam?

Taffy Mercer
NAPgA Vice President
Thanks Taffy
I sent an email to info. Not sure what happened to the email you sent me. Maybe I accidentally deleted it as I'm not seeing it in spam.

Kris
Taffy, does NAPgA offer membership numbers? I am not aware that it ever did, but that may have changed.
(04-09-2023, 06:05 PM)Nanno Wrote: [ -> ]Taffy, does NAPgA offer membership numbers? I am not aware that it ever did, but that may have changed.

No, NAPgA does not have membership numbers.  There was a workaround to the issue.
Ok so I'll update this.

NAPGA does not have membership numbers but if you call microchip and tell them you are a member of NAPGA and make sure they know it's a 501 C 3 you will get a good discount.
We didn't know until after we ordered that they give even better prices for 501 C 3 .
Our price for 10 chips and scanner was $117. Chips come in 5 packs.
This allows for quick ID of lost animals and easy check in at fairs for us.

Something to look if you are taking your animals off your property.

Kris
NAPgA will be announcing the special pricing offered to NAPgA members later this week!

Permanently IDing your goats is one of NAPgA's Best Management Practices and microchips are a great way to do it!
Thanks for the info!