Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Opinions on RustPack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,
I am getting started in goat packing and am looking for a good source for pack equipment, I am thinking about ordering from RustPack Goat Gear.
Any one here have an opinion? Has any ordered from them? Pleased with the product/service?
Any input is greatly appreciated. 
Thanks,
Welcome Missy! I haven't bought anything from Rust Pack so hopefully someone else will see your post and chime in!
Thanks for the response and for letting join this community! I guess I'm just out of luck and that nobody on here has ordered from them probably because their shipping seems a bit steep. Did I post this in the right part of the forum?   Do you know did RustPack buy Northwest Packgoats ?
Yes, RustPack did buy Northwest and although I don't know for sure, I'm going to guess that they are selling the same or similar designs. The best part of the forum to post about gear is in the Equipment section, but no worries. The forums are so quiet I don't think it makes too huge a difference where you post. Wink
Hello, I attempted to order from him last spring in hopes of getting some books to donate to the NAPgA auction. I called his phone several times, and emailed twice with no response in 3 weeks. Needless to say I had to go elsewhere. Unfortunately I have read on Facebook of several other people having the same problem.
Pretty hard to go wrong with Packgoats.com gear. If you join their goat club you get some pretty large discounts that more than offset the membership cost.

Kris
(02-18-2023, 09:42 PM)IdahoNancy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I attempted to order from him last spring in hopes of getting some books to donate to the NAPgA auction. I called his phone several times, and emailed twice with no response in 3 weeks. Needless to say I had to go elsewhere. Unfortunately I have read on Facebook of several other people having the same problem.

Thanks for the response! That does not sound good so now I'm not sure what to do. Who did you end up ordering from? I really appreceiat the input Smile
(02-19-2023, 10:12 AM)GoatPackr Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty hard to go wrong with Packgoats.com gear. If you join their goat club you get some pretty large discounts that more than offset the membership cost.

Kris
Thanks for the response Kris! Do you think I could use the replacement strapping they sell on a saddle my brother built? I was just thinking Rustpack as they are bit less expensive but maybe the discounts would help.
I love my saddles from Bantam Saddle Tack!  Matt might have strapping you could purchase.  He builds the saddles for packgoats.com. 
https://www.bantamsaddletack.com/
(02-20-2023, 09:13 AM)Taffy Wrote: [ -> ]I love my saddles from Bantam Saddle Tack!  Matt might have strapping you could purchase.  He builds the saddles for packgoats.com. 
https://www.bantamsaddletack.com/

That might be a good idea! I would just buy a saddle but my boys are commercial boers and though they are trim for boers I think they are still broader than dairy breeds. I know there are adjustable saddles but they are so expensive. Thanks for the recommendation!
Pages: 1 2