Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Hershey, Buckwheat, and Spanky Hit the Trail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After waiting 2 long weeks for my Sopris halters and lead ropes I finally got to take the boys out on the trail. I took them on a trail system about 2 miles from my house. Its fairly flat along a creek, Clear Creek, and offered some nice rock climbing and lead practice. They did great, a little rotation between the Spanky and Buckwheat, choosing who would follow Hershey the little guy, but all-in-all it went very smoothly.

[attachment=654][attachment=655][attachment=656][attachment=657][attachment=653][attachment=658][attachment=659][attachment=660][attachment=661][attachment=662]
I love the photos of Hershey riding to his new home in the cab of your truck! Big Grin He looks great! That looks like a nice area for a hike. It was 108* here today and a creek like that would have been great to play in today! Have Spanky and Buckwheat warmed up to Hershey?
(07-16-2014, 10:13 PM)Taffy Wrote: [ -> ]I love the photos of Hershey riding to his new home in the cab of your truck! Big Grin He looks great! That looks like a nice area for a hike. It was 108* here today and a creek like that would have been great to play in today! Have Spanky and Buckwheat warmed up to Hershey?
They "allow" him to hang around them, never being mean but I haven't witnessed any affection either. I may get another yearling for him to pal around with, I really like the lamancha personality!!! Its been over 100 almost every day since I got the boys home. They are getting used to it though.
Nice trip! Mine havent been out for over 2 weeks. I've been really busy and its been hot. Perhaps friday I'll head out again.

I love seeing the little guys exploring a new setting. Seeing them happy makes me happy. Its like when I feed my horses apples-- I think I enjoy it even more than them.

I have not tried getting them across a real river yet. They've always had a fallen log to use thus far. Next trip to the Uintas....

You know, hot as it has been, the desert has been getting T-storms almost every day. They rarely hit you with rain but they do make the slot canyons a bit more spooky.
Thanks for sharing! I'm with Taffy--the pictures of Hershey riding in the truck are great! Looks like he wants to be up front with you guys. Smile

Also, Hawaiian floweredy shirts are the best!
Thanks John. The boys look great!
Fun fun fun. Where did you get the halters and leads? How did you like them?
Never mind, I found the sopris collars still wondering how they worked out? They look like really nice ones.