Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Highlined Packgoats photo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a good photo showing packgoats on a highline for use in a PowerPoint presentation.  Does anyone have one they'd like to share?
I lowline my guys.  I dont know if these will help or not. Have a good one
I just LOVE that guy's horns. They are truly incredible. He's got to have a high percent of Spanish or Kiko in his background.
He'd never make it through those slot canyons in Utah, though!
Lowline works, too! I'm with Nan, those horns are awesome!
Thanks, he is a good looking dude.  You might be suprised.  He has amazing horn awarness.  He has absolute pressision with the tips of those things.  Kinda like a elk through timber.

Taffy,  Who is you presentation for?
Oh, I'm sure he has amazing horn precision, but even the most precisely placed horns can't squeeze through a narrow crack! We saw that in action one time when a longhorn bull tried to follow some cows through a squeeze chute! He turned his head sideways to fit in, but as the chute narrowed he couldn't walk any further forward with his head jacked to the side, but he couldn't straighten his head because the walls were too close. We had a heck of a time backing that big guy outta there! In some of the slot canyons we hiked through in Utah, people had to take off their packs and walk sideways in some spots. I'm not sure a goat with wide horns could do it even with his head turned! He sure is gorgeous though. I'd love to have a driving goat with horns like that one day.
Thats amazing.  Where in Utah are those cracks/ chutes in Utah.  We are taking our kids mountain biking in Arches National Park summer 2020 so we are starting to plan now.  It would be cool to hike some in those.

Talking about driving two goats.  I have been kicking around the idea of making another harness and whiffle tree so I can have a two goat power sled next year.
(03-06-2019, 11:34 AM)Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, he is a good looking dude.  You might be surprised.  He has amazing horn awareness.  He has absolute precision with the tips of those things.  Kinda like a elk through timber.

The PowerPoint presentation I am currently working on will be given at the American Dairy Goat Association in Boise, ID this coming October.  I want to include visuals of the NAPgA 5 Best Management Practices (BMP's).

BMP#1: Individually Identify Your Packgoats
BMP#2: Control
BMP#3: Separation
BMP#4: Lost Packgoat
BMP#5: Leave No Trace

You can find the complete description of each BMP on the NAPgA website.  https://www.napga.org/resources/best-man...tices-psr/
Sorry for hijacking your thread a little bit, Taffy! I just can't get over that goat's awesome horns and wondering what he would do with Spooky Canyon or Little Wild Horse. ;Wink (Spooky is south of Escalante, and Little Wild Horse is in San Rafael Swell--Taffy is organizing a group goat packing trip in San Rafael this fall if you're interested!)

How about this one for "Leave no trace": 
[attachment=6305]

Evokes the old "Take only pictures, leave only footprints" saying.
(03-06-2019, 07:09 PM)Taffy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2019, 11:34 AM)Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, he is a good looking dude.  You might be surprised.  He has amazing horn awareness.  He has absolute precision with the tips of those things.  Kinda like a elk through timber.

The PowerPoint presentation I am currently working on will be given at the American Dairy Goat Association in Boise, ID this coming October.  I want to include visuals of the NAPgA 5 Best Management Practices (BMP's).

BMP#1: Individually Identify Your Packgoats
BMP#2: Control
BMP#3: Separation
BMP#4: Lost Packgoat
BMP#5: Leave No Trace

You can find the complete description of each BMP on the NAPgA website.  https://www.napga.org/resources/best-man...tices-psr/
That really cool!!!  Good luck