Pack Goat Central

Full Version: New guy from NC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello from the NC mountains! I'm bran new to goat packing and planning to get my future pack string this weekend. Not a lot of goat packing goes on this side of the Mississippi. I've done a few backpack hunts and packed with llamas with a friend from Idaho. So I know a little about packing and I can saddle a llama, not something many boys from North Carolina know how to do.
I decided goats would be good and easier than llamas. My intent is to have them for family pets, while I and my little girl train them to become packers.
I'm picking up two Saanen/Alpine mix brothers, and their full Alpine 1/2 brother this weekend. (the same Alpine buck sired them all)
Pack herds are scarce around here(in fact I know of none) So I'll have to do my best with what I've found. That will be these three little guys who are freshly weaned.
I've been lurking here for awhile, and over on another forum and have learned a lot. Also have read John Mionczynski's book and Carolyn Eddy's book.
Anyway, hello everyone! Good to be here and looking forward to it all!
Welcome to PackGoatCentral! We're glad to have you and I hope you have a great time raising those future packers!
If you get a moment, take the time to put your location on our members map. Smile

http://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/sh...hp?tid=139
welcome home Smile
Welcome. I am in the same boat, but starting out with two of my own. Be sure to share pics of your future adventures!
Welcome, welcome!
Welcome! I was just in NC visiting my brother and nephews last October. Next time visit them I'll have to hook up with you!
Thanks for the welcome. My intent is to pick up my little guys this Saturday(May 17) I'll post some photos when I get them settled in their new home.

Taffy, what area of NC does your family live?
My brother and his wife live on the lake in Granite Falls and my nephews are in Charlotte. I spent 5 days at the ADGA Conference in Asheville then 5 days with my brother and his wife touring the Parkway and all over last October. Gorgeous country!

"Taffy, what area of NC does your family live?"
(05-16-2014, 01:15 PM)Taffy Wrote: [ -> ]My brother and his wife live on the lake in Granite Falls and my nephews are in Charlotte. I spent 5 days at the ADGA Conference in Asheville then 5 days with my brother and his wife touring the Parkway and all over last October. Gorgeous country!

"Taffy, what area of NC does your family live?"

I have a friend in Granite Falls. I live about 25 miles south of Asheville. You visited a very nice area of the state and at a great time of year!
Welcome aboard. I have to WARN YOU. This goat packing thing is very addicting and extremely contagious. Let the adventures begin.

"Long Live The Pack Goat"
Curtis King
Pages: 1 2