Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Teeth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my yearlings has a new tooth coming in, only the old one or part of it is still in place. I noticed him favoring his mouth and acting weird about it the last couple days. I tried to look and it appears a new tooth is coming in behind or under the old one. The old one looks broken or like a partial tooth (?) He didn't let me get a good look, will try again tomorrow. He's eating fine, I just thought the old one would have fallen out first? Any need to intervene or just let it take it's course?
hehe, pull it and put it under his straw and see if the tooth fairy shows up Tongue
That would go over real wellSmile I wonder if it does need to be pulled though?
couldnt hurt. I know that asking for picture would be difficult at best. but...
Yeah, it was all I could do to pry his mouth open for a look today, let alone get a picSmile I did get a good look though and his gums are swollen and red around the two bottom front teeth, I'm guessing just from cutting new teeth. I felt the new tooth and it's just pushing the baby tooth out, it was hanging on by a thread today. I didn't pull it, didn't want to become more of a monster in his eyes than I already was for daring to look at his teethWink