Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Concerned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm still so new to the whole breeding thing that I'm not sure if I should be worried or not, but I kind of am. This morning I noticed a small blob of creamy discharge on Petunia's vulva. I didn't think much of it until about half an hour later when I noticed a slow drip of clear fluid. I took a closer look under her tail and her vulva was soft and puffy. She's not due till June 15. She looked and acted normal otherwise and was chowing down alfalfa like a machine. The vet assured me that her sickness last week would not harm her pregnancy, but I'm worried. Naturally this happened about five minutes before we headed out to Greeley for the goat show so I have no idea what she looks like tonight. There's someone coming to care for the gals in the morning and I hope she sees nothing out of the ordinary. I'm really hoping that someone here with more experience can reassure me that it's normal for some goats to do this. Confused

I'd be terribly sad if my Pretty Pet lost her and Pac-Man's babies.
(04-25-2014, 08:46 PM)Nanno Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still so new to the whole breeding thing that I'm not sure if I should be worried or not, but I kind of am. This morning I noticed a small blob of creamy discharge on Petunia's vulva. I didn't think much of it until about half an hour later when I noticed a slow drip of clear fluid. I took a closer look under her tail and her vulva was soft and puffy. She's not due till June 15. She looked and acted normal otherwise and was chowing down alfalfa like a machine. The vet assured me that her sickness last week would not harm her pregnancy, but I'm worried. Naturally this happened about five minutes before we headed out to Greeley for the goat show so I have no idea what she looks like tonight. There's someone coming to care for the gals in the morning and I hope she sees nothing out of the ordinary. I'm really hoping that someone here with more experience can reassure me that it's normal for some goats to do this. Confused

I'd be terribly sad if my Pretty Pet lost her and Pac-Man's babies.

I'm sorry for your concerns with your little girl. I wish her you the best. Hang in there & keep us posted. Thx for all you are doing at the show.

TOU
Nanno, I hope all is well with Petunia. It's got to be tough to be gone when you are concerned about her. I hope you feel better soon, too! THANK YOU for all you do and for getting the word out this weekend.
Well I haven't heard anything from the lady taking care of the girls so I'm going to assume that no news is good news. If she gives me any more reason to be worried when we get home I'll call the vet and have an ultrasound to make sure everything's ok in there.
Well I looked at Petunia last night and she's still her happy, bouncy self. There was a small creamy white blob of discharge on her vulva, but nothing stinky and her tail and bottom are clean so obviously she hasn't been leaking very much. I'm going to keep an eye on her of course, but at this point I'm guessing that this is just normal for her.
Glad to hear she's her bouncy self! When is she due?
She's due June 15.
Good to hearSmile