Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Truck bed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you who haul your goats in your truck bed - how is your truck bed set up for hauling goats?  Liner, pad, type(s) of bedding?  Goat traction & urine absorption?
This time of year I use the truck instead of the trailer. I have de-horned goats. The truck bed has a canopy the is slightly higher than the cab. I have a rubber mat in the bed but use a tarp and pine shavings so it is easy to clean up. Cruisers back hips are not great and the tail gait is high so I tend to park near a bank for ease of getting in and out. I have a 2X8x8 board ramp but the goats don't like it much. I need to put non-skid on it. It is just easier to back up to something.
Nancy, have you seen these steps? I know 2 of the couples who attend the Cascade Packgoat Club camp out use them. They're pretty slick.
http://www.ottostep.com/
Those are great but I don't see how they would work with the tailgate of a pickup truck. It would be cool if they had something like that.
There is an extender to use with it to make it stick out beyond the tailgate. I've seen someone use it and it was slick.