Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Spot Gen3 is 1/2 price!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
REI is having a big sale right now.  They have the Spot Gen3 on sale for 1/2 price - $74.89.

https://www.rei.com/product/860469/spot-...-messenger
Tempting until I read the service plan on that thing. $150 to start and $300 for more frequent satellite pings. I think it'd be cheaper to have one of the goats dedicated to carrying a table-top HAM radio. They're a great idea though. I could honestly use one since I'm going to be doing a lot of hiking this year in unfamiliar desert areas. I mean, I thought we lived in the future? Why cant we have this as an option on the average I-phone. You'd think the NSA would like to know where you were at all times, am I right?
(12-27-2016, 07:12 PM)Charlie Horse Wrote: [ -> ]Why cant we have this as an option on the average I-phone.  You'd think the NSA would like to know where you were at all times, am I right?

You're right.  If they're spending our confiscated taxes to build a massive surveillance network, the least they can do is let us use it for our convenience & safety.   Big Grin