Pack Goat Central

Full Version: 2016 Kiko Cross Boys (and one straight dairy breed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are our 5 boys from this spring. Wyatt, Winslow, Newt and Bryson are 1/4 Kiko, 1/4 Oberhasli and 1/2 Toggenburg. 
Timber is 1/2 Toggenburg and 1/2 Oberhasli. 
They are all nicely bonded and following along like big puppy dogs! 
The Kiko genetics has really added some nice muscling and width in the chest. You can definitely see the difference between them and Timber.
I weighed only Wyatt this morning, and he's been averaging .56 lbs/day gain since birth. The other Kiko crosses are gaining similarly. 
They seem to be very hardy on the trail, and good in the heat. All of them will be getting castrated later this month and moving to our new place in Colorado in early November.

[Image: 5%20resized.jpg]
Wyatt, 145 days, 89.5 lbs. 

[Image: 15%20resized.jpg]

[Image: 19%20resized.jpg]
Winslow, 144 days

[Image: 4%20resized.jpg]
Newt, 136 days

[Image: 13%20resized.jpg]
Newt and Wyatt

[Image: 16%20resized.jpg]
Bryson, 130 Days

[Image: 17%20resized.jpg]
Timber, 123 days
Beautiful goats! I love the Kiko crosses! Where in Colorado are you moving?
(09-17-2016, 09:35 AM)Nanno Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful goats! I love the Kiko crosses! Where in Colorado are you moving?

Between Westcliffe and Cotopaxi. 35 acres, hilly, mixed open and wooded, lots of nice rock formations. We have an easement to thousands of acres of BLM right across from the property, and easy access to the Sangre De Cristo Wilderness. It's goat packer heaven (at least to us it is)! Here's the view from our deck, looking over the property.

[Image: Picture%20089%20resized.jpg]
Oh my goodness! My parents live there in the Eagle Peak subdivision. You'll be about 1 1/2 hours from Phil and I! We'll definitely have to get together and do some goatpacking trips!
Small world! We'll definitely get together. We're looking forward to being part of the Colorado goat packing bunch!
Just listed for sale some Kiko cross does and a few other goats from our herd in the classified section. Thanks and have a great day!
Great looking boys! I have always thought it would be smart to add some kikos into the mix.
(09-19-2016, 07:01 AM)nebs Wrote: [ -> ]Great looking boys!  I have always thought it would be smart to add some kikos into the mix.

Thanks, I sure like them. The muscling and stature is impressive. At the rate they're going, I think they're going to be real monsters! They seem very hardy, and yet their temperament is quite mellow.