Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Bartlett Trail Hike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday Phil and I took Finn and Sputnik for a hike up the Bartlett Trail in hopes of reaching the top of Greenhorn Mountain's south peak. We got a late start and didn't make our goal, but we still had a very nice time. 
[attachment=2880]

The boys took turns carrying the 20 lb. pack. Each one carried it halfway up, and each one carried it halfway down. There were a lot of logs over the trail so there were many opportunities for them to learn how to negotiate obstacles with a pack on. Jump over? Crawl under? Go round? It was fun to watch their brains working to figure out the best route. 
[attachment=2881]

This trail has amazing views of the eastern plains and of Rye and Colorado City spread out below us, including our own house. 
[attachment=2874]

Phil was clever enough to remember the binoculars.
[attachment=2877]

He took some photos through the lenses. I didn't think they'd come out. I'm such a doubter!
[attachment=2875]

Close-up of our house: 
[attachment=2876]

"Finn, get out of the view!" 
[attachment=2879]

"No, I'm gorgous!" 
[attachment=2878]
Nano
Hello Nanno and Phil
Good Pictures especial the long distance ones using the Binoculars as a Telephoto Lens.
As to Camera hog goats and horses I have the same problem.
Here get my best side or here get one of my nose. Don't I have a cute nose?? Smile
Looks like a good time was had by all.
hihobaron and the Troops in SC