Pack Goat Central

Full Version: On the road again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I leave bright and early tomorrow morning for Boise, ID where I'll be attending the American Dairy Goat Assoc.'s annual conference.  LOTS of awesome classes including some that vets & vet techs can get credit for attending, evening programs and banquets/dinners, a costume party and karaoke plus visiting with friends from all over the US, Canada and Mexico.

Is anyone else on this forum attending?

I'm meeting Larry Robinson for brunch/lunch on Saturday morning between my classes.

Here's a link to the convention website:  http://www.adgaconvention.com/

I'm also delivering one of my doelings to her new home in Boise tomorrow.  Pippi will have a ball with the retired couple and her 2 new doeling friends.
Have fun Taffy! I will not be there. I will be out in the bush this weekend seeing if I cant facilitate the meeting of a nice buck with a 120 grain 25-06 round Smile
The ADGA Spotlight Sale was tonight at the convention in Boise, ID.  The highest amount paid was $10,600 for a 7 month old Nubian buckling!  Bidding was fierce for him.  Here's a listing of the bucklings and doelings offered at the sale and the prices paid for them.  Amazing!

[attachment=1907]
10K for a Nubian!? Or goat for that matter?!
I hope it came with golden wings!
I never saw a goat with golden wings, but at the one ADGA spotlight sale I went to in 2012, they did sprinkle gold glitter on their backs. It was very silly. Tongue
Nan's right. These goats were all sprinkled with glitter - even the "man parts!"
Those are some ok prices. But notice some of the biggest names are not on there. You get into their national lines and it gets crazy!!!