getting started in New Zealand
Photo 
(01-08-2017, 05:25 PM)khurl100 Wrote: Hi Rockman, new to the forum. Based in Christchurch and have been considering adding a goat to my hunting trips. How have you found it and any pointers for a complete beginner ?
Hi There, Sorry ive been away with the goats hunting tahr this week. Well goats has definitely changed everything. This trip I took two friends who have never been out with me. I had two older goats and two in training. My mates couldn't believe how affectionate goats can be. They like to get there attention just like a dog. Because of there help we could take in a 6 man tipi tent and plenty of food. But its a lot more than that, you become a goat person. The goats add so much to the experience. They also take some work and effort but like  everything in life the more you put in the more you get back. I take my 5 goats out bike riding along river stock banks. They have learnt to get in front of me to try and slow me down. lol
It also helps me stay in shape. If you go to my facebook page Gary Keen timaru I will freind you. You will see many of my vids and photos.
That's fantastic Gary, thank you. I am from a bird hunting background in Ireland so completely understand the bond that develops between a working animal and handler and with the terrain and species totally different here in New Zealand I was hoping the same bond could be formed with the goats. Will hit you up on Facebook.