What did you do today?
Took the guys out for a 5 mile fat bike ride. It was 35’ and sunny. The goats were hot. It warmed to 50’ today. Last year this time we had 2 feet of snow and the high was around 20.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-14-2018, 03:49 PM)ase90 Wrote: Around 16 below most mornings recently, getting up to 10 below with an occasional warm spell to zero. Mountain biking weather is long over here in MN. 10 below is cross country skiing weather with occasional stops for  cold salad:

Richard

Richard,
Man do I wish I was in your neck of the woods.  I am originally from Vermont and live in Washington know.  I baerly ever see snow at my house.  I we did a camping trip this year that got down to 8 degrees but there was not much snow.  Cool pics man.
I took Hope out with the cart yesterday and was able to get a short ride

I just noticed that she was in black and white...... and an orange lead. She is doing well with the cart. This ham is also doing well with hiking and trick training.

Happiness is a working goat
Oh Nanno, I tightened the breastcollar a few notches and that fixed the droopiness.
Nice photos! The cart looks great! And I take it you mean you tightened the "neck strap". Wink
(01-16-2018, 02:01 PM)Nanno Wrote: Nice photos! The cart looks great! And I take it you mean you tightened the "neck strap". Wink

Yah that's what I meant.
Does the rump strap look tight? (not sure of the name for that either)
Wife and I took the guys out for a hike today. Great weather this winter.

Took the boys out for a trial run with some new gear and rigging techniques.  It went really well!!  It was the first time they had ever had halters on and also the first time I tried the nose to tale packing system.  I am sold on it until I an get Hairy (Ober) and Garbie (Huge Alpine) to follow reliably.  The string will look sick once my other to sets of saddles and panniers come in.  I cannot wait till spring and camping season with my kids starts!!!

Steve (white Alpine) is awesome!!  Thank you Craigslist!!!

Nice! Looks like you've got the makings of a fine pack string started!