Packgoat Buckling for Sale
(01-20-2018, 06:01 PM)goatzrule Wrote: Hey goatwhisperer,
We're not sure what we're going to do yet,the Nubian's nice but not as friendly as we like so we're going to think about it for a day or two and I'll let you know what we decide.

Okay, thanks for keeping me updated.  Look forward to your decision.
Jeanne
It's going to b a hard decision. Friendly, possible pack goat producer.Good conformation for our herd and 6 1/2 hours away vs. moonspots,less friendly, 5 years old and 2 hours away.
Happiness is a working goat
(01-20-2018, 06:14 PM)goatzrule Wrote: It's going to b a hard decision. Friendly, possible pack goat producer.Good conformation for our herd and 6 1/2 hours away  vs. moonspots,less friendly, 5 years old and 2 hours away.

Yes, does sound like it will be a tough decision.  The moonspots definitely made it difficult - if it was just for the age difference, it would not be a difficult choice for me, but those moonspots!!!!
Hi Goatzrule,

Had a thought while I was milking this morning.  If you have someone who could care for your animals, we have a tiny house on our homestead which is currently empty.  If you wanted, you can stay overnight in it.  It has a shower, queen bed in the loft, composting toilet, propane heater and wood stove.  The "couch" downstairs is narrow, and I'm not sure how long, so not sure it would work well for sleeping.  Jeanne
How thoughtful! We're having a hard time deciding weathier we want moonspots or a lot younger.
(01-21-2018, 10:02 AM)goatzrule Wrote: How thoughtful! We're having a hard time deciding weathier we want moonspots or a lot younger.

Yes I definitely understand that.
Do know what he weighs?
(01-21-2018, 10:36 AM)goatzrule Wrote: Do know what he weighs?
I do not.  I could do the measuring tape thing - but I don't know if that is accurate for a buck in rut - and he definitely is today - one of his sisters in heat today and Mom coming into heat.  I'll facebook and see what it says about that.
It'pretty accurate, Northwest packgoats has a chart to convert inches to pounds. Yuck it's snowing!
Just measured heart girth and shoulder to pin bone girth and he came out to about 120 pounds.