Looking for Pack Goats and/or Prospects.
I'm looking for up to 6 seasoned pack goats and/or prospects.  I would prefer big strong goats with plenty of energy and endurance.  

I have extensive experience packing with horses and mules all over the Rocky Mountains but I sold my  large horse property and all the large animals two years ago and would like to give some goats a try.  Plus, the mules and horses could never make it to my high country mule deer drop camps  so I'm thinking goats may be the ticket!!  

If anyone reading this has leads available for pack goats or breeders with current available goats for sale please contact me. 

Also, if anyone has feedback on the best pack saddles and equipment to use for goats  please share.  

What are your favorite breeds or crosses? Saanen, Alpine, etc.

One last question,  I've noticed from pictures online that goat packers never seem to tarp wrap and diamond hitch their packed loads. Is there a reason for this?
Welcome, you've made a great decision. I am and Oberhasli lover but have recently fallen for a great Alpine. Obers are quiet, easy going and content that is to say I have not had any fence jumper escape artists. They are good with water, will work for you until they drop, and are very weather tolerant. The difficulty is finding a breeder that is making them big enough. I have been blessed with Obers over 200 lbs and long legs.
There are some great packing options out there. Northwest Packgoat & Supply and Mark Warnke at Got Hunts .com has some great new products geared towards hunting.
Finding 6 adult packers ready to go will be a challenge. Be patient it may come, likely not all at once. Which may be a blessing.
(08-19-2017, 06:02 PM)Mshep Wrote: I'm looking for up to 6 seasoned pack goats and/or prospects.  I would prefer big strong goats with plenty of energy and endurance.  

I have extensive experience packing with horses and mules all over the Rocky Mountains but I sold my  large horse property and all the large animals two years ago and would like to give some goats a try.  Plus, the mules and horses could never make it to my high country mule deer drop camps  so I'm thinking goats may be the ticket!!  

If anyone reading this has leads available for pack goats or breeders with current available goats for sale please contact me. 

Also, if anyone has feedback on the best pack saddles and equipment to use for goats  please share.  

What are your favorite breeds or crosses? Saanen, Alpine, etc.

One last question,  I've noticed from pictures online that goat packers never seem to tarp wrap and diamond hitch their packed loads. Is there a reason for this?
I have the three year olds that have pack experience and asking $500 each there over 200 lbs Sannans and some younger that haven't packed yet but I think they would perform well.