I was lost but now i am found
I was a member of the old goat packing forum. when it merged with the goat spot I just never looked for another packing forum
i was told about ya all and here i am.
I have lamancha and Nubian dairy goats i have an alpine pack goat that is getting old so next year I will keep a Nubian or two to hike with.
the pickup line i used on my wife was "What breed of goats do you have"
Welcome! I'm so glad you finally found us! Smile
Welcome!
Glad to hear another nubian enthusiast here
Our Blackie is either pure Nubian or one of our lamancha crosses, not sure. Read Nubies one of worst you could pick for packing because of their stubbornness but I can't imagine our Blackie not willing to follow us to end s of the earth. We will have to monitor each other's progress and exchange notes. Good luck to both of us.
It's not so much that the Nubians are stubborn as they tend to be lazy and have louder-than-average voices and can be more vocal, especially as youngsters. However, there are many things I love about the Nubian breed which is why I'm breeding Alpine/Nubian cross packgoats. I think Nubians tend to be much friendlier than Alpines, especially with other goats. This makes for a tranquil herd environment. They're smart and very trainable and I love their long, long legs. Nubians often have very nice feet and legs and I love their deep chests--two things that Alpines often struggle with. On the other hand, Nubians could use straighter backs and more athletic conformation.