Conformation Help
I'm not sure which section this should go under, nor could I find a thread like this but if admin wants to move this over somewhere feel free. 

I couldn’t find a thread just about conformation which could be really helpful. It would be easier for the new people to search conformation and find a thread with it in the title. There are always a lot of questions about pack goat conformation and even though there is a lot of information/opinions out there I know I struggled/struggle with seeing it while looking at a goat. Of course personality and attitude is a huge part of what makes a good pack goat, I would love images to compare so I can better get an understanding of what is desired so that my breeding stock can morph in time to a more ideal shape. Again there are a lot of written suggestions, and single images scattered throughout the interwebs but this could just be another source for the new guy.

I’m hoping that by posting a couple photos of 2 bucklings I’m looking at I might get some more experienced packgoaters opinions, and what they see. By seeing what you see, I can learn better what to look for. I hope others ask too, plus it’s a great way to show of your goat!

These Alpine bucklings are 2.5 months old. The dark colored one is a bit wider all the way through, the chamois is slightly more narrow. 
[img][Image: 35272052683_e0476584b0_b.jpg]Screenshot_20170721-094447 by Kataya Uren, on Flickr[/img]
[img][Image: 35240318584_30dbacda50_b.jpg]Screenshot_20170721-094543 by Kataya Uren, on Flickr[/img]
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
Hmm... looks like your photos disappeared. I could see them earlier today but didn't have time to reply then. From what I remember, I really liked the first buckling. Can't remember much about the second but he did not look as strong overall.
Well that was odd. Fixed it.
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
Yes, I do like the first buckling better. He looks stronger throughout with a deeper chest and more powerful shoulders and hindquarters. He's got long, straight legs with strong pasterns and his hooves look nice.

The second goat is not bad or anything, but you can see that he's not as powerfully built and his pasterns look weaker and are poorly angled compared to the first goat. There's less depth to his shoulders and he's longer in the back. It's hard to tell for sure, but I don't think the second goat's hooves look as strong as the first goat's.
Thank you. I "felt" the same way but couldn't identify what it was that I liked more about the darker buckling.
That "feel" is usually the first thing I go with when looking at conformation. The details are often hard to describe until your eye becomes very practiced and you learn all the terms.
I realize I don't have any good pictures of Huck on the stand but wanted to use him as an example of poor conformation, but he somehow makes the trails look easy. I think that is likely to change if and when weight I put weight on him. 

He has posty legs, and slightly pigeon toed in the front, I've done some aggressive corrective trimming but to no avail, there is just a natural inward angle. I'll try to get a better picture as an example.

[img][Image: 36195578135_fc0e4b2509_c.jpg]IMG_20170603_161815 by Kataya Uren, on Flickr[/img]
I would love to learn more about this as well! Thank you for asking