Homemade Feeders, Waterer
Built a new feeder out of an old futon frame and some wood. Works fine for now. Would like to make a cover for it but with the winds we get out here I don't think it's a good idea. After I get a shed built it can go under the awning. 

Here are also a couple of photos of a slow-feeder I built. These are great because they have almost zero-waste, except there's no way to keep the goats from climbing up and pooping on the hay (especially the little guys).

And a couple of photos of a passive-solar insulated water box I built which I've used for two winters so far. The water still freezes when it's really cold, but it'll have only an inch or so of ice while the uninsulated ones have 5 inches or so. During the day the sun melts it around the edges enough that the goats push on the edges of the floating ice slab and get water. 

I am gone a lot with just a neighbor coming by to check on them so that's why the big feeders, etc... That way she doesn't have to fill them every day.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_2136.JPG (Size: 145.33 KB / Downloads: 74)
.jpg   FullSizeRender (7).jpg (Size: 163.81 KB / Downloads: 71)
.jpg   IMG_2134.JPG (Size: 137.57 KB / Downloads: 73)
.jpg   FullSizeRender (8).jpg (Size: 73.82 KB / Downloads: 71)
.jpg   IMG_1088.JPG (Size: 138.3 KB / Downloads: 73)
.jpg   IMG_1089.JPG (Size: 150.86 KB / Downloads: 73)
.jpg   IMG_8701.JPG (Size: 159.57 KB / Downloads: 73)
.jpg   IMG_8702 (1).JPG (Size: 184.29 KB / Downloads: 74)
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
Everything is looking great. Speaking of looking great, his horns are looking pretty cool. Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(06-16-2017, 12:14 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: Everything is looking great. Speaking of looking great, his horns are looking pretty cool. Smile

He's my favorite Smile  Wish we lived closer I would have gotten more from you!!!! The shaggy Alpine is a good packer too even though he's a lot smaller.
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
I really like your feeders. Looks like you saved yourself quite a bit by making them yourself. The futon one is especially clever. I might see if we can do something like that with our old futon which has been gathering dust for a few years under the house. Thanks for posting!
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap