Hello to Hamza and Dasher
I got two new goats a week ago. They were already dehorned so I decided to give it a try to see how it goes with my horned goats. After chasing the newcomers around for a couple of days, they seem to have settled in fine. They will obviously never be able to totally compete with the horned guys, but they seem to hold their own pretty well, and the new yearling even plays with my other yearling sometimes (who is horned).

The new yearling came with the name Dasher. He was a pet in a small, closed dairy herd (like 8 goats). Hamza, the 10 week old, is his full younger brother. I was only going to buy the yearling, but they threw in his brother for 50 bucks so I said what the heck. I'm glad I did, because those two hang out together. They need a lot of work. They had never been off the property nor are they leach trained, but they are fairly friendly. Dasher looks a lot like a deer from a distance. They get spooked pretty easily, but I hope after a couple of wilderness trips they calm down. We'll see... only one way to find out. They did warn me that Dasher likes beer,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   IMG_2076.JPG (Size: 106.99 KB / Downloads: 29)
.jpg   IMG_2079.JPG (Size: 101.09 KB / Downloads: 29)
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
Nice markings on those goats. Dasher seems to have quite long legs. And your hay feeder is cool! I'm sure with a little work they will be fine.
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
(05-31-2017, 08:41 PM)DownUnder Gal Wrote: Nice markings on those goats. Dasher seems to have quite long legs. And your hay feeder is cool! I'm sure with a little work they will be fine.

Thanks. I just built the hay feeder out of an old futon frame. :Smile Dasher just turned one year in May and is pretty big
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
Aw, so pretty! Hamza is a lovely color. He reminds me of our goat Nibbles who we lost a few years ago.
Thanks I hope they'll learn the ropes! Smile
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada