Slow Moving Happy Goat
Tongue Hi there! I am new at the goat business but loving it. I rescued 18 goats of all ages and sizes from an old  man in Mississippi a few months ago. He was tired of caring for them and was going to kill them Angry . Anyway. I inherited 5 baby goats, three bottle babies, two on the Mama. Eight nannies, three huge meat goats, and two billies.  My neighbor took the big boar goats for me, he could better care and handle them. All of the goats are Nubians.  I really didn't know where to start so I just had my vet come out to the property and we started there.

So here is my little problem. I have the cutest little billie. He had been debudded and wethered when I got him. He eats good, He hangs out with the spoiled babies (the bottle babies). But he is bery slow moving. When the herd leaves the barn to go out on the field , he just hangs around the barn. Sometimes he makes it out there, sometimes he just likes to follow me around. He doesn't run and play like the other 3 and 4 month old babies do.  Should I be concerned ? or do all of them have different personalities like children? Is he the child that would rather stay in and play Nitendo? I am trying to cut down on the vet bill. I am retired and single. lolol

I never knew so much love could come from a goat.
Welcome to Packgoat Central! You're a good soul to take on 18 rescue goats all at once!

How long ago was the little slow guy wethered? Goats do all have different personalities, but it's rare for a goat to want to stay home all by himself. If he's not sore from castration, I'd be concerned about parasites and I'd probably have the vet run a fecal exam and check for things like coccidia. Fecal exams are usually pretty cheap and give you a good idea of what parasite treatment to use (if any). Let us know how things go!