Aspiration Pneumonia - Hope?
Very interesting! It seems it's the tannins that help reduce worm count. Is that what I'm getting from those studies? I've heard this before. Makes me feel fortunate to have so much gambel oak on my property. Oak leaves and acorns contain a lot of tannin and the goats love them.
Yes, some science behind the tannin's. That's my primary interest in feeding it, though there is some more studies out there on other benefits it may have. That's great! Having that in their diet already has probably done some good. I'm hoping to track their epg's and see the difference between those that are eating it and those that aren't, but I don't know how sustainable it will be in the long run. Not sure if it will, but I'm hoping to dilute out some of the resistant bugs, and lower the egg shedding in my pastures. And if it does work, I may try to rally some people together to go in on a shipment. The feed store down the road has started reaching out to some more goat people.

So long as it works, it will be nice to not have to dose the does, or kids for barber-pole or coccidia.
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
I'll be eager to hear the results. I wonder if there are any other tannin-rich forages you could try that would be cheaper?
I haven't really looked into it because I figured someone would have figured it out by now.. Maybe i'll look into it.
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
I thought I would give an update on Rafiki who has finally gone through a growth spurt! He's 75 pounds at a year old, smaller than we origionally thought he would be before the aspiration pneumonia and stunted growth. He has a poor coat that's shedding out to be nicer underneath and is other wise happy and healthy. He is the least mannered of my herd and is just full of himself. He no longer fits in a size 2 sopris halter. 

[img][Image: 40827936341_dc6d1eb180_z.jpg]IMG_20171221_104538 [/img]

For the serecea lespedeza pellets I have been unable to do a study that's recordable but what I have noticed is that our does that were fed the pellets had lower epg's than the 2 other pens, my wethers, and my buck. Due to the cost I've only been feeding to my does to help with a lower egg count on their pen for the growing kids to have a good "bug free" start.
I love that "mane" down his back! He looks like a real character. I'm glad he's doing well.
You all gave me hope. Also have a bottle-fed runt that I hope will reach at least acceptable packgoat size. So glad he is.doing better.
(04-16-2017, 06:11 PM)GoldenTreePackGoats Wrote: Call me crazy but he loved his nebulizer session.
Thank you guys for the positive thoughts.
[img][Image: 35730878940_5ab0decc73_b.jpg]IMG_20170417_215547 by Kataya Uren, on Flickr[/img]

Hello. I'm curious to know what is in the nebulizer? Medication?