Charlie Horse's 2017 Picture Thread

The turkeys decided to visit the horses and goats yesterday...

Looking back at the top of the plateau.  I spent some time up there with my compass trying to identify some of the distant landmarks out in the Swell.

Berry Goatalo and Shelby GT lead the way.

Vincent found something tasty.  He's hard to photograph since he's slick black.  This one turned out decent.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
I think Vincent would be awesome with my friend Jordan's family. They raise black and white LaManchas and they are in need of a sturdy, gentle pack wether with no horns who could carry a special needs toddler on hikes. If you ever consider rehoming that one, let me know. Wink
Nah I cant give up Vincent VanGoat.  He's a close friend!

Today I took Shelby G.T. and Berry Goatalo out to view the Eclipse from the tallest plateau behind my house.  I havent hiked this one before because I wanted to check it out when I didnt have the whole gaggle of goslings with me since its rather narrow and the cliffs are rather fatal. 

This is nontotality, the best we got here as viewed through a welding shield.

Looking back at the plateau, you wouldn't be that impressed by the eclipse.  I mean, this is it.  Happening.

It cooled down and seemed a tad shady, but it got darker in the afternoon with the usual thunderstorms than the eclipse.  Bwahhh.

The goats were driving me nuts getting too close to the edge.  Berry Goatalo even went out on some protrusion and I missed the picture.  Bwahhh.

The "pinhole camera" quantum wave effect was honestly the most noticeable thing about the eclipse.  Big bust.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
I love the names you've chosen for your goats! Awesome pictures, I was also a bit bummed about the eclipse here in WA, it dropped 8 degrees or so and the lighting got dim but that was it. The most interesting part was that all the wild song birds became quiet for a while during the peak of the eclipse.
Are you in Utah?
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
Sasha died a year ago.  Due to moving and stuff, I've been too busy to get a new dog until now.  Its been the longest I've gone without a dog since I was a kid.

Meet Luna-- Named in honor of the eclipse (I got her the day after).

Beautiful!
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
Luna is going to have so much fun growing up trekking with you and the goats!
Goatberries Happen!
Congrats on the new puppy! I hope she works out well for you.
For the last week the goats have all been a  mile up the road working on eating-down a small grassy field for a neighbor.  Today I brought them home.  They were glad to return, let me tell you. 

They had a really nice view, though.  I don't think they appreciated having no shelter when it rained the other day.  I sure missed them while they were gone-- It was weird going out back and not seeing them.  Weirder seeing them in someone else's field.

Shortly I'll post about "Peach Days", the local town party.  I had 2 goats entered in the parade.
Peach Days:  

It was rather busy last weekend.  There were several interesting events that I wanted to participate in, or attend.  The bike ride turned out to be a lame family event with 3 year old kids with training wheels.  I skipped it, since I was used to real bike races held in other towns.  I did get to toast a bunch of teenagers (And I mean toast) with my little racing recumbent, so that was kinda fun.

Then there was the car show.  Had to get up early for that one so I could drop off the car and then go get the goats for the parade.  As is tradition, I won nothing.  My car is too weird and its a replica so it never wins vs restored classics.  Its still interesting for people to see and I enjoy talking to other 'car guys'.

I decided to enter pack goats into the parade just for fun.  I picked Shelby GT and Woodstock since they're the most kid friendly.  I puffed up my new Hunter paniers with pillows to make them as huge as possible-- It drives-home the packing idea.  A friend said he heard a lot of people discussing the idea of pack goats as I passed by, so I think it worked.  I got a lot of laughs because my goats were behind the very generous candy-throwing float by the local telecom company.  They could often be seen pulling me to the side to vacuum-up  a "Bit O Honey", sometimes even competing with the kids.  I was surprised to win "Most Original" which had a 25 dollar prize.   Later I found a picture of me and the goats in the local newspaper.  It was sure fun but it added up to quite a bit of walking.

Fortunately I missed the dessert judging.  I'm on a diet.

That night there was a demolition derby and motorcycle rodeo.  I brought Luna so she could get more socialized.  She was constantly getting attention from kids and she warmed up to the idea.  It was good for her.  Right now I just got back from the vet-- She's hurt her right knee joint somehow.  Was it a goat?  If so she deserved it I'm sure.  I hope the meds kick in soon-- She's been whining about it every 30 minutes all night and I didn't get much sleep.