Pack Goats and Gear
Hello All,

I posted earlier to this forum a few years ago when I was bottle feeding my babies and was excited to share my news. Well....life, health, and a few broken bones from skiing have interfered with my plans. I have 5 bottle-fed wethers for sale here in Southern Alberta. Four have decent conformation and are generally mixed breeds that I picked up from a dairy operation in Blackfalds. However, two are predominantly Saanen, two predominantly Alpine, and one mostly Toggenburg. These goats have their horns, but absolutely do not use them on me...(the goat daddy!) They are from, and are in, a closed herd. No CAE! 

These are big boys around two hundred pounds plus and are coming into their third summer. They will be three years old in May and ready to pack. One Saanen is very sweet, but can only come along for the walk as his front hooves are not suitable for packing. He's a great weed eater though and our pastures look great!

Also included are 5 sets of Butthead saddles, panniers, goat coats (for wet cold weather) and orange safety collars. Leads and standard collars also included. Books, guides, and other literature that I have will also be included. You will get a dog Dazer too. (Sort of a high frequency emitter that stops dogs....it works!) You'll also get a very nice set of shears for trimming hooves.

I also will throw in a six station slot feeder and a large covered creep feeder that holds two small bales. I have a fabric shelter that has a good frame that you can have as well for free. It worked great when they were young, but they've torn up the lower fabric. If you use plywood or pallets for the sides, it will work great since the roof fabric is perfect.

Also included will be some mixed cracked corn and rolled barley/oats mix that I use for treats.

A new 330 foot field fence roll will also be included.

These goats have been very, very well taken care of and get along well with our horses across the fence. We have Arabs so we don't let them share pastures.

Basically, you get the whole setup except a waterer. If you bring a big enough trailer I'll throw in some hay and straw to get you through to when the pastures start producing.

I hate to see them go, but the way my leg healed means I won't be doing a lot of walking in the mountains. I do not want to sell these guys for butchering. These would be ideal for someone who is just getting into goat packing, not so much for the hard core peak climber. There's a lot of money and effort to get a small herd to this point; far more than what I'm asking. You can have my setup for $1500.00. A little less perhaps for the right person. I'm more about these guys getting a good second chance.

I can deliver within a 200 km radius of Lethbridge, Alberta for a fee.

If you want photos, I can email them if you are serious. Please....be serious. I have a lot of effort and time into these guys and would love to see them go to a good place. They are ton of fun. Looking forward to meeting the new owner.

Rob

n3272w@yahoo.com
I'm so sorry to hear you're having to sell out. I'm sure you'll have interest from buyers in the U.S. Do you know anything about what laws might be involved in moving goats across the border?
(03-22-2017, 09:04 AM)Nanno Wrote: I'm so sorry to hear you're having to sell out. I'm sure you'll have interest from buyers in the U.S. Do you know anything about what laws might be involved in moving goats across the border?

I really don't know since I've not heard of anyone doing it. There is a contact at the USDA that a person can call. 301 851 3300, Option 2. I haven't called it yet since I'm hoping I can sell here in Canada. I will work with a US buyer though! The nearest border crossing is Sweetgrass/Coutts. They have the staffing unlike the smaller crossings.
So....here is an update. The goats can't legally go into the United States from Canada. Sigh.....I still have the goats and the feeders. The saddles, panniers, coats and other pack equipment is sold. Looks like I need a Canadian buyer! Any takers Canadians?
What a shame! I hope you find a nice Canadian home for your boys.
Ya, they closed the boarder between the US and Canada back when the mad cow things happened. Its crazy what you have to do to get any livestock over the boarder now.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I hate that all livestock is affected by a problem with beef. Goats don't get mad cow disease.
Ridiculous
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
I found a buyer up here for my boys. He specializes in using goats for pull carts. So....while my boys might not see the mountains again like they did when I was first training them, they'll be working! Thanks for the interest. I hope one day we'll see goats able to cross the border. The Swiss dairy breeds up here look really good. Best regards!
I'm glad they found a good working home. They'll have a rewarding job to do.