Yesterday's Ramble
Yesterday we took Koby and our dog River for a lovely long walk around the district.  Koby had a great time picking at the vegetation on the side of the track and then trotting to catch up with us.  He was striding out very enthusiastically the whole way and drinking in all the sights he'd never seen before, such as a paddock full of round bales dotted everywhere.  It was an easy walk but quite a long one; I think he is going to make a really good pack goat.  I'm going to put the panniers on with egg cartons or scrunched up newspaper next so he gets used to a bit of bulk when he moves through narrow spaces.  I might even invest in a second saddle because there are at least 3 other goats in the herd who love coming for walks Smile 

One thing I have noticed with most of the goats is that they seem far more comfortable off lead than on, during our rambles.  They all lead very well generally but out on the trail they seem to prefer to motor along by themselves rather than be on a lead.  They stay quite close and come when called (e.g. when a car or dog appears) and if something frightens them they're over to me like a shot for comfort. I wonder if they prefer off lead because of the ability to eat along the way or does it make them feel they are better able to fight/flight unencumbered?  We're not up to attaching them as a string yet.  They bicker terribly and start butting each other.

I would attach some videos of Koby but I can't upload them easily - for some reason our wireless reception is awful today. 

Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
He looks great!
Beautiful coloring!
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
I've noticed my goats are rambunctious for the first two miles, and then settle more or less for the bulk of the trip. When they know they're on the way home they get downright mean with each other. I cant imagine that a string would ever work.
Thanks Saltlick Smile

My goats can be horning each other on the way out too. Coming home they are more interested in the destination than bickering.
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap