New from Western Washington
I'm getting started with pack goats which have been a 5 year dream for me.

If any one is from Washington I'm trying to figure out good trails for the young goat, or simply where you take yours. 

Also what plants to keep an eye out for as far as toxicity.

So grateful this pack goat central forum exists!
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
Welcome! There are many of us in Washington and Oregon. I'm in Eastern, WA.

Carolyn Eddy has written 3 great books. Practical Goatpacking, Diet for Wethers and Field First Aid for Goats.

Rhododendron and Yew are the first plants that comes to mind in your area. I'm sure there are more.

Plan to attend the Cascade Packgoat Club's annual campout September 7-10, 2017. It's in the Gifford Pinchot Nat'l Forest near Carson, WA. Family friendly, great hiking and loads of fun!
Goatberries Happen!
(01-22-2017, 02:50 PM)GoldenTreePackGoats Wrote: I'm getting started with pack goats which have been a 5 year dream for me.

If any one is from Washington I'm trying to figure out good trails for the young goat, or simply where you take yours. 

Also what plants to keep an eye out for as far as toxicity.

So grateful this pack goat central forum exists!

Welcome, from central Montana.   Smile
Have a nice day, & hug your goats often!   Heart

https://www.instagram.com/eugene.m.stoner.the.goat/ 
(01-22-2017, 03:39 PM)Taffy Wrote: Welcome!  There are many of us in Washington and Oregon.  I'm in Eastern, WA.

Carolyn Eddy has written 3 great books.  Practical Goatpacking, Diet for Wethers and Field First Aid for Goats.

Rhododendron and Yew are the first plants that comes to mind in your area.  I'm sure there are more.

Plan to attend the Cascade Packgoat Club's annual campout September 7-10, 2017.  It's in the Gifford Pinchot Nat'l Forest near Carson, WA.  Family friendly, great hiking and loads of fun!

Thanks you for all the information, much appreciated!
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
Welcome!
Welcome. I'm on the west side south of Tacoma. Lots of trails down here. Closed roads behind DNR gates work well and there is usually no one else around.
Welcome from Australia, from an ex-Washington resident! Big Grin
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
So tell us about your goats! Any photos?
Sure!
I currently have 6 goats, 3 doelings, 3 wethers. 

The ladies- Kivuli (10m Alpine), Echo (10m Alpine), Denali (7m 3/4 alpine 1/4 lamancha)

The boys- Yukon (7m 3/4 alpine 1/4 lamancha), Huck (7m 3/4 alpine 1/4 lamancha), Pluto (1/2 lamancha 1/2 boer)

This is Huck! He is at the hay bag 95% of the time but once hes out he has a pep in his step!

[img][Image: 35912009002_2fc784aec0_b.jpg]IMG_20161209_092940~3 by Kataya Uren, on Flickr[/img]

This is Yukon! He is the most willing and loyal of the bunch. He wants to work and please. Yukon, Huck, and Denali are triplets so if these boys keep up the great forward attitude I will probably breed their sister Denali for the next generation of packers. 
There is also my dog Kamali the Australian Cattle Dog, he hasn't figured goats out yet... He licks there face, and gets head butted.

[img][Image: 35690805660_09aa498ab9_b.jpg]IMG_20170320_005546_690 by Kataya Uren, on Flickr[/img]

Then there is Pluto... He is new to me. And he is bull headed and stubborn, refuses to do anything that is asked of him yet loves the attention of people (bottle raised). We will see if he has it in him... 

[img][Image: 36080368745_6fb08b7211_b.jpg]IMG_20170118_125357_477 by Kataya Uren, on Flickr[/img]

Some neighborhood strolling

Mud puddle training after massive amounts of rain.

They are so much fun  Heart
They're adorable! I love Huck's coloring. Looks like they're doing great with water crossing. Keep up the good work!